Robinson Way Limited

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3103 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm currently paying back a loan bought from Cabot, I pay £60 a month but due to unforseen circumstances I can no longer afford to pay £60. I phoned and told them this, and I asked if I could pay £30 a month instead. Her reply was that I have to send them a financial statement, telling them about my incomings and outgoings.

This site helped me in the past with the devils that are Cabot/Fire (whatever they're going by these days). Why do debt collectors have such idiotic rules? I've offered to pay £30 a month to them, so as I'm still paying them they should, by rights, take my money without question or telling me that I have to send in a financial statement (whatever that is).

Please help

x

There is no need to ask a dca how much you can pay. Only you know how much you can pay. Just send them a letter saying what has changed and you can now only afford the £30. Forget the I&E. Hope it's not a direct debit or they could fleece you.

Hi Dommie, DCAs can have all the ruls they want (''rules are for the guidance of wisemen

and the obedience of FOOLS).

Are you sure you can afford £30 pm.?

It's your money your life you decide what you can afford to

pay not some oik in a call center.

I suggest send the following to the compliance manager.

Ref:

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you so much for reminding me to check my I & E situation,

having recalculated this I find that I can only afford to pay £xx (I'd (£20)

on this non priority debt.

As you are aware I am under no obligation to provide your company

with any personal data.

I enclose the first payment of £20.00.

How are you paying? If you are on direct debtit cancel it and pay

by statnding order.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Not paying by direct debit, wouldn't dream of it. They send me one of those giro things twice a month. Due to being on benefits and paying a loan back to the jobcentre I'm finding it difficult to pay it back.

Thanks for your help, I'll defenuteky be sending them that letter along with my payment :)

Not paying by direct debit, wouldn't dream of it. They send me one of those giro things twice a month. Due to being on benefits and paying a loan back to the jobcentre I'm finding it difficult to pay it back.

Thanks for your help, I'll defenuteky be sending them that letter along with my payment :)

You could certainly cut back the payment further, and just state which benefit you recieve but not how much!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

i love it when they ask me what benefit i'm on i always say i get A,I,C,L. ( Assistance In Consumer Law ) then when they ask how much i tell them priceless .

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

i love it when they ask me what benefit i'm on i always say i get A,I,C,L. ( Assistance In Consumer Law ) then when they ask how much i tell them priceless .

Haha! I bet they don't like that :-p

You could certainly cut back the payment further, and just state which benefit you recieve but not how much!!

I reckon I can get them down to a fiver a month :)

I mean, I'm still paying them. So they should be bloody happy! It's not like I owe thousands, I only owe about £500 if that :-/

Dommie,

Here's the letter I composed for use in your kind of situation. If you'd like to use it as a guide, please feel free, but change the wording to suit your own circumstances:

By Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account Ref: 1234567890

With regards to my current “repayment agreement” with you, I am in a position to be able to offer you no more than £1 per calendar month.

I own no property, have no savings or appreciable assets and rely on Job Seekers’ Allowance as my sole source of income.

I quote the Department of Work & Pensions, who state:

“You will be paid the sum of £xx per week, which is the legal minimum on which the Government believes you need to live on.”

During telephone calls, your staff have erroneously asserted that I am obliged to provide you with a personal statement of income/expenditure in order to put a repayment plan into place.

I have been advised that this 'personal' information is just that - personal.

However, following the insistence of your staff and their claims that an income/expenditure statement is a requirement regarding this matter, I have obtained a Court orientated Income and Expenditure Form, to which, only a Court and/or Judge can legally have access, and filled in the details required therein.

Following the revelations about my financial status that completing this form brought to light, I would like to thank you and your staff for pointing me in the right direction regarding my rights.

From this information, it is obvious that I currently have no disposable income whatsoever.

It has been suggested that, following discovery of this situation, a County Court Judge would, in all probability, order that I can afford no more that £1 per month to each and all creditors, which of course includes you.

Therefore, I would formally request that you supply me with the relevant information/documents necessary for me to set up a standing order to continue paying instalments towards the amount owing on the above account at a token rate of £1 per calendar month.

Please note that I have no intention of avoiding any legally and fairly claimed payments on the above account, but I firmly believe that my offer of repayment is appropriate, considering my current circumstances. Should these circumstances change, I will, of course, notify you as soon as possible to arrange repayment at a higher monthly amount.

Yours faithfully,

Print name, don't sign

Hope that helps!

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Spot on Halibut,,,,, £1.00 and that is pushing it...... Not a penny more in your circumstances, I am at work but with all my priority outgoings i.e Rent, council tax, utilities MAINTENANCE etc etc I could only afford £1.00 to all those who supplied a correct CCA.

Now I have had the house repoed, I calculated that they could each have a fiver. And duly set up a £5.00 standing order. Out they came from the woodwork looking for more. All they got was that is all your getting for now if it improves then up it goes. simples.

Now over three years at £1.00 and now a fiver. I shall ( NOT THEM ) REVIEW EVERY SIX MONTHS AND IF IT NEEDS ADJUSTING EITHER WAY THEN SO BE IT. I have learn't from the good folks on here especially the Brig and Boo it's what you can afford.

Guess what, they have never been near a court heeeeee I wonder why, if they go I can show the court that I am reasonable and have highered amounts even one off's when overtime has been available.

So my friend a pound it is for you.... any trouble drop it to 50p see what they say then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959