A primer for County Court prcedures please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

I owe money. I know that and I am paying on post default agreements and I am up to date with both DCAs for those.

However, they are bullying me for more money that I can't afford and I am now pushing back. Like most in the Debt Collection Industry forum I understand the basics of the CCA 1974 (S77-79 and 127), the Data Protection Act 1998 and a little bit of about the process of common law. I have also read about estoppel (my DCAs obviously haven't).

Background thread

I would like to prepare for the worst, which is to defend (or know when not to) in a County Court. Or Small Claims Court - one debt has a balance of less that £5,000.

I have been reading threads on this forum and I am still totally confused by CPR 34 this and 15 that. And N244s.

Please could someone post a link to "County Court Procedures for Dummies" or something similar?

As above, I am up to date with my agreements and hope it won't get to court. But I want to be prepared if it does - currently I would probably fold if I got a summons on the doormat...

TIA.