Car Insurance cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you. I am currently waiting for the FSA to help me over my car insurance.

I paid for a years insurance, in January, through BUDGET (BISL), on my credit card.

They cancelled after 1 month, because they got my NCD proof 3 days after their deadline.

Before the deeadline was reached, I gave them the details of my previous insurers who they refused to contact.

Initially they only gave me back £157 from £403.5! then they refunded all but £40 charging me 10% for 1 months cover.

I need my car to get back into work and because I have a bad knee, getting worse from having to walk.

Can't afford taxis on benefits! If I re-insure it will cost me £761 ...or... £291 (BUDGET!) with the 'cancellation' notice removed!

I have the chance to get back to work... but need use of my car.

BUDGET/BISL have really screwed that up for me...in a tiome of recession!!

In my eyes, these people are criminal extortioners. Even though I have full NCD, gained over 17 years

and have always paid to protect my NCD, I've had to pay more every year.

I'm looking at £761 for someone with 17 years of no claims, no points, or warnings.

A clear record at age 55. I've had my licence since 1991. BUDGET would be charging me £291 from 1st August!

That's a difference of £470, almost 3 times the lowest rate I'd qualify for, of £251

The under writers are a company named MMA who have just bought out Provident/ Gateway

BUDGET told me they had no contact details for me to get in touch with MMA...

I found that strange and thought it seemed rather secretive for a Public Company.

The first time it's ever gone down, BUDGET/BISL are making a farce of my good safety record and NCD;

stopping me from getting back into work while I have the chance, and causing me more pain

and damage to my injured knee. I'm having an xray this week to see the state of the injury

from having to walk on it instead of using my car.

If anyone has any advice on how to get justice, please let me know.

C.M

Hi Honeybee13Gard

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Use a local broker ( not Swintons) to help you with your new Insurance arrangements and they will be able to obtain a competitive policy. The bit about 'cancellation notice' is a load of nonsense. Your policy was cancelled as the no claim proof was not received, so it won't be recorded as a black mark. It is only cancellations that relate to non disclosure or fraud ( dishonesty) that are a problem, where underwriters may apply a particular cancellation marker.

You will need to provide the no claim discount proof from the Insurers prior to Budget to the broker, with a letter to explain what happened. Normally the no claims discount proof would be from last Insurers, but as they didn't receive it, then it won't be from them.

Don't touch BISL (Budget) in future, as they just cause too much hassle for too many people. They get terrible reviews and don't appear to bothered about customer service.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread