ESA booklet

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I reread a booklet ESA40 04/11 that the job center sent me when I applied for ESA and I came across one thing that puzzled me, on page 16 in the 'other changes' that you have to notify them about it says go away from home, even if it is only for a day....so are they saying if you go out for the day to visit relatives or friends you have to notify them?

Is this against human rights? They are saying you must stay at home or we stop your allowance? And does this still stand when I have been awarded full ESA(care)?

I think the booklet says even if you are away from home for one night you are supposed to let them know...they seem to want to know everything.....

Maybe they hope to prove that if we get out of the house we are well enough to work?

I personally really need a break from home to help my mental health and recovery....and am not sure about other people? :|

It says even if you go away from home for the day you have to tell them, can you imagine thousands of claimants on ESA phoning the job centers up when they go out for a day? The switchboards will be jammed! Personally I think its none of their business what I do day to day! And I will not be telling them when I am away from home!

It says even if you go away from home for the day you have to tell them, can you imagine thousands of claimants on ESA phoning the job centers up when they go out for a day? The switchboards will be jammed! Personally I think its none of their business what I do day to day! And I will not be telling them when I am away from home!

That's where it gets silly. I've not told them that I'll be away over the weekend. I need a break and I know they're going to question why I can't work.

I take weekends away, I get assistance from my son to the train station, if I am nit that good I can ask for help at the airport and help from the airport at the other end, then my friend picks me up from the customs door, so from home to friends home I have the help that I need. Everyone needs a break from home time to time!

You are in theory meant to advise of any time away from your residential address, but only that involves you staying away overnight. The idea is DWP always have the correct address to send your post to. Nobody really expects you to call up to say that you are going to a friends or going for a short period away (as in a weekend) as like it has been mentioned earlier - the phone lines would be worse than what they are now. It's also to make sure you aren't staying for any length of time with anyone else who receives an incompatible benefit.

I'd say its only really for any stays ofr more than 5 days or so that need to be reported, if only to give a c/o address.

You are in theory meant to advise of any time away from your residential address, but only that involves you staying away overnight. The idea is DWP always have the correct address to send your post to. Nobody really expects you to call up to say that you are going to a friends or going for a short period away (as in a weekend) as like it has been mentioned earlier - the phone lines would be worse than what they are now. It's also to make sure you aren't staying for any length of time with anyone else who receives an incompatible benefit.

I'd say its only really for any stays ofr more than 5 days or so that need to be reported, if only to give a c/o address.

Yes, this. Technically you should report any absence from your home address, but this is much more important for JSA where your availability for work is potentially an issue. With ESA you are not expected to demonstrate availability, and as per some posts above, the fact that you've been away from home will not be considered as evidence that you are capable of working.

If you leave the country while on ESA, you can continue to receive benefit for up to 28 days provided your absence is not expected to last more than 52 weeks. If you're seeking medical treatment for the condition that has caused you to claim ESA, you may be entitled for up to 26 weeks. You should declare any proposed absence. "Going on holiday" is an acceptable reason for ESA purposes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.