Awakening sleeping dogs!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am extremely grateful to this site for making me face up to my debt crisis and taking the first step in opening up a stack of 'debt style' letters that have been delivered to my address for just over a year now. I am particurlally grateful to the forum members, Renegadeinmp and Wintry for the support with the two previous threads I have started.

I would like to pay off my debts which are PDL's, utility bills, credit and shopping cards. I have defaulted on all of them and some are a year on this status. I still cannot make payments to the debtors because I don't have enough to live on, but I will start to have a surplus in about four months time.

The issues for me now are:

Should I wait for four months without any correspondence to the debtors? They have waited probably over a year without any correspondence back to them so far.

One of the debtors Capital One Credit Card has written a letter to me explaining that my account is no longer being managed by a debt collection agency and been returned back to Capital One. I am confident to prioritise paying this debt back but i dont want to get in to a situation were they refuse my offer of payment and renew debt collector tactics.

Advantis Credit have sent me two separate letters , one with a debt that I recognise because the originators name and ref number are on the letter but on the other letter they send an originators name which I don't recognise and I dont remember the amount owing stated either! I want to correspond with Advantis in four months time rather than seeking clarification at this stage.

The letters I receive are generally from debt collection agencies asking me to make contact and tend to end with a home visit threat. I have managed to maintatin life by moving address and changing my bank account card details. Therefor I would be more comfortable in responding back and confirming new details and payment in four months time. Do I need a third party like the CAB to record my decisions so far?

No just keep all the letters you receive and do

not discuss any of the debts on the phone.

Keep a seperate folder fo each debt.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That is interesting that Capital One have said the account has been returned to them. Was there PPI on it do you know ?

If there is, then you should be thinking if it was mis sold if so, then it can be reclaimed.

Do you know if there are any default/late payment charges added to any of the accounts - you will be able to reclaim those.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the util bill needs to be your first priority by far

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have to get to grips with the whole PPI thing CitizenB!

Not sure if I have been missold any on my debts , but I note you have useful links on your reply , so I will read and update post soon.

Cheers!

Just had a quick rammage to see if I could find my Capital One agreement and i cannot find it at the moment, but looking through another credit card agreement, ( I have two credit cards) I notice I do have some sort of PPI on it. It's my fault for not noticing it earlier as the 'terms for review' finished a few months ago. But then the credit card company seem to have contacted me with a third party to collect the debt without reference to the PPI. I am jus waking up to all of this, I have been overwhelmed with debt and other work/home stress.

I will take a breather from the finances today, but theres always a weight off my shoulders everytime I use this site!

If you arent sure whether a debt has PPI or unfair charges attached, then you could always SAR the original creditor. It costs £10 for each SAR you make, but if you think there are charges or PPI on the account, it's well worth the tenner.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D