Can't Afford DRO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have business debts from late 2008 when I closed my business. There have been some ongoing legal issues with my landlord who was responsible for it's closure but these have come to nothing as we can't find him! This is why I am only now dealing with these debts.

I was advised by the National Debtline to write to my creditors letting them know I was pursuing a DRO. However, my income is so low that I just can't save up the money to enter into a DRO.

I am now so ill with all of this that I am considering writing to my creditors to ask them to write off my debt. How would I go about this when I have already told them I am entering into a DRO?

Most of my debt has been given over to credit agencies, however I owe a large amount of VAT and I'm worried HMRC won't accept a write off of the debt.

My debts are to

VAT (HMRC)

Water (UU)(was with Moorcroft but they gave it back when I mentioned a DRO!)

Business loan (from a small firms 'helper')(have CCJ with this but have never paid it by agreement)

Small overdraft with Barclays (now with Lowells)

Utilities (UW)(has been with two DCAs but haven't heard from anyone for a while)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

It is my understanding that there are some charities that will help with deposits for BR and DRO. It might be worth looking into that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello there, sorry to learn that you are struggling to find the money for a Debt Relief Order.

As Citizen B mentions there potentially could be charities and trust funds that *may* be able to assist you finding the £90 fee. Do consider taking a look at http://www.turn2us.org.uk - it's a great resource and may identify an organisation that could potentially help you.

Best wishes,

National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org