HI - i've lot of debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just joined.

Came out of a pub in March after losing shed loads of money in 2 and half years.

Am hoping to find some help dealing with loads of debts,

some debt collection agencies chasing me others I have already set up payment arrangements with.

The worst at the moment is Anglian Water debt

first passed to Moorcroft

now gone to Scotcall with a notice of personal visit letter received this morning!!

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this one.

Apologies if I've posted in wrong place.

Hi And welcome, what can we do to help, it may be

a little quiet today as it seen to be the1st day of summer!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

how old is that water debt..rarely do you get dca's chasing it

as for your other debts

i hope you are not talking to these muppets on the phone?

if you are DONT!!

they have no legal powers whatsoever.

i'm concerned you've already set up one payment plan with a dca

how did they 'catch you' and what was/is that debt?

check your CRA file too, that you are not being fleeced blind on debts you do not even owe!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

water debt is from last year.

Ran a pub from 2009 till march 2012.

Came out with loads of debt!

Water bill was £788, it was given to Moorcroft originally who I made a payment of £50 in April to get them off my back but havent made any since.

Now have a letter from Scotcall Notice of personal visit, not sure where I stand with this?

I Only work 3 or 4 days a week and other half in construction industry which is not great at the moment.

Am more worried that someone will call while I'm at work and my teenage son will be here while I'm at work as is now school holidays.

Also is the debt now nothing to do with Anglian Water?

Have spoken to National Debtline and worked out repayments for most creditors although they have advised with the level of debt that I have bankruptcy might be an option.

Other half went bankrupt in 2009

his company went into liquidation and had no choice but all joint debts passed to me,

have managed to keep paying last 3 years but is now becoming increasingly difficult.

My largest debt is with Natwest (£19k) which is a personal loan and an overdraft together.

This was being collected by Apex but I missed payment last month

and I havent heard a peep from them, not sure whats coming next!!

Sorry bit of long message!!

no thats ok

well just remember that snotscrawl ARE NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

your CAT has more.

at the end of the day no-one can get blood out of a stone.

£1PCM or £5PCM with everyone me thinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx,

I am strangely calm about all the debts now as I know they cant have what I havent got! Had a particularly agressive call on my mobile from Unicom on Thursday (termination charges on phone line, another debt from the pub), caught me off guard as dont usually answer unknown phone numbers. Told him I only deal with people in writing and his response was they only deal on the phone as they are a telecom company. Strange that cos all their bills on paper!! Really hate that they try and scare you into paying.

You should tell your son that, if someone does call, he should tell them that you are not in and that they must leave or he will call the police. No more than that and the response is entirely legal.

You could explain to him that they are bullying/victmising you if they do turn up and that you will arrange to sort it out in writing. This is your legal right and (I think) morally fine for a teenager to get his head around.

The chances are that they will not, but your peace of mind is worth it I think.

Thanks bandit, obviously if I'm in its not a problem. Have seen the doorstep visit letter on this site. Should I post this to Scotcall before they attempt a visit or is it only to hand to them if they do call?

Do both if your son is up for handing it out if someone turns up.

And I suspect he will be...

The chances are they will not turn up. This is a standard threat letter specifically designed to get you on the phone where they can say stuff they would never put in a letter.

A doorstep call without an appointment is out of order and probably worth a formal compliant.

Thanks again, so should I send payment offer directly to Anglian Water (however small it might be) and just not deal with Scotcall at all? I did ring Anglian Water back in April when Moorcroft were dealing with the debt but they wouldnt accept any payment from me on the phone as they said Moorcroft were dealing with it.

Have a good read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

and

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

if they break your instructions in those letter, then its time to get some official complaints going to the regulatory bodies.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D