Is there actually any point in complaining to the FOS?

Guest GLW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have four outstanding credit accounts which are causing me concern. In all cases the lender's attitude is to attempt to obfuscate the issues, give a "stonewall" type final response and refer me to the Ombudsman... Clearly they know the service is FAR from impartial... And basically it seems to me is there to rubber stamp their unfair decisions...

In the past few days I have lodged a complaint about Barclaycard with the OFT. In the next few days I will have a VERY serious complaint to lodge against another lender - (Please see my post in the 'Scotland' section regarding the initial writ served on me recently if you are interested)

And I have another one here where what the lender sent me under an S78 request is a crude forgery...

All matters I would like to refer on to organisations with some semblance of authority...

My complaints to the OFT cite specific areas where the lenders have failed to comply with what the OFT say they should do... And I have expressed concerns to the lenders that the Ombudsman service they promote is far from impartial - for that reason I intend by-passing the service and going (for instance) straight to the likes of the OFT...

However - OFT complaint sent off, copy to lender, this morning I found myself wondering if it was also worth my while duplicating my OFT complaint to the FOS - Is there any potential 'harm' in this? I suspect there might be little point but...

• 10 months later...