Other person's electoral roll information on my credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I share my name with my father (though we have different middle names, and these are displayed on my file) and his electoral roll info appeared on my Equifax credit file last year. The electoral roll section shows my info, covering my time at my parents address and my current address, and my father's.

This hasn't really been a problem until last week when I was alerted to new credit agreement with Vanquis Bank on my file. My first thought was identity fraud. However, a conversation with my mother revealed it was my dad's new credit card.

I plan on contacting Equifax to remove the credit agreement -- that's not the problem -- but I assume the reason this happened is the electoral roll information.

My problem is that previous communication with Equifax regarding this electoral roll mistake have been met with a response of: "tough luck, there's nothing we can do, you'll just have to live with it," or words to that effect.

My question is: do I just have to accept it, and is there really nothing they can do to resolve this?

Thanks. ♥

You need to inform the council so they can update their records and in turn the cra will update theirs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi, renegadeimp. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure what good talking to the council would do as they already have the correct information; I'm registered at my current address, and de-registered at my parents' address.

Equifax also have the correct information, technically. It's just that my dad is listed in the "previous address" section of my file for some reason. :???:

Cras get that info from your council. It could take months to be updated on your file as updating the electoral roll is a huge task.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi, renegadeimp. Thanks again.

I will contact the council, ASAP.

I thought the council supply this info. This is what confuses me as I have lived here for a couple of years now, and 2010 was all correct -- no mention of my dad at all -- but the 2011 suddenly included him.

I realise this must be some mistake because we share a name, but it is annoying that I'm now finding out about credit in his name -- which has angered my parents as they didn't want anyone knowing about the new credit they were taking -- and having his credit agreements appear on my file -- as his history is very poor.

Here's a picture of how it looks, just for reference.

elecroll.jpg

If his actual agreements are appearing on your file, then i suggest sending quick message to the admins on this site. Brig especially knows his way around CRA's and could possibly form a letter for you in order to get the ball rolling.

Hi, renegadeimp.

No agreements of his are currently showing on my file, but I guess I'll find out when he has run the Vanquis card for a month.

However, I have just seen my parents and we checked my dad's Equifax report and I am listed in the 'linked addresses' section of the 'electoral roll' page. On top of that all of my credit agreements are showing in the 'linked addresses' section on his 'credit agreements' page.

Don't ring the council, ring the CRA, your files are mixed up because you have the same name.

He already has.

My problem is that previous communication with Equifax regarding this electoral roll mistake have been met with a response of: "tough luck, there's nothing we can do, you'll just have to live with it," or words to that effect.

Hi, guys. Thanks for your help.

Yeah the response from Equifax was that there was nothing they could do, and I suspect I'll get the same answer from the council as the info they have supplied to the CRAs is correct. grrr. :roll:

But, anyway, I will try calling both the council and Equifax on Monday to see if I can make any headway.

Thanks again, guys.

Could always try and get a notice of disassociation. See if they can do anything with it.

You MUST contact the council asap, they placed this entry

and they will have to authorise its removal.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: