Old Student Loan Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

loads of good information on this site but i couldn't find anything quite like my situation and i would like some advise please.

I started Uni in Sept. 94 and was due to complete in 98 a 4 year sandwich degree (i actually completed the sandwich year and returned to Uni for the start of the last year but i don't think i had a loan for that year), i had a change of circumstances at the start of 98 and left the country (suddenly) without completing the course or even notifying anybody of the fact that i had left with no intentions of returning.

I had taken out loans for those years that i attended, grants as they were back then, i don't actually remember anything about them, amounts or any detail, i was married with two young babies at the time and needed the money just to keep going, anyway, i ended up leaving the country and have never returned back to the UK since.

Anyway to cut a long story short, i don't know if i even got any qualification out of it nor was i knowledgeable about repaying my debts, i always thought i would have the time to do this later but never did.

I am still living out of the country and never returned but i always had this nagging guilt about repaying this and wondering if i actually did get any qualification out of it, so i would like to find out about that and to repay my debts.

I worry about calling the University and giving any information that could allow them to track me down to start any legal proceedings but i still want to repay but under my own terms, any advise here for me?