watercooled

Incorrect Details

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As I now have £400 in vouchers at PC World I went in to look at Laptops.

Now I know people would argue why buy it from there, Well after the service I got recently they have restored my faith ... a little (Plus I have names & email addresses of the top managers)

I went in and Looked at a packard bell laptop for £599.99 It is advertised in store and on the internet as being a 1.8 Ghz machine. However looking for

reviews on the internet (and parkard website) the laptop is only a 1.6 Ghz

Any Ideas of what I should do. I am thinking of getting them to offer a discount due to the error down to the average price of 1.6 Ghz machines. Or should I inform TS and hopefully they will have a word.

Cheers

Before calling TS it would be worth going into the store and checking out the spec on the actual laptop itself, it's easy enough to do. If it then appears different simply ask them why they are advertising it incorrectly. Maybe it's a genuine mistake that they would rectify.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Another thing to consider when buying computers is that there is confusion regarding processor speed.

Intel chips actually run at the speed that they advertise.

AMD chips (up to but not including the 64bit range) are advertised at the equivalent Intel chip speed (according to AMD's opinion). An AMD athlon 2800xp actually runs at 2083mhz.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.