style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please help

i am renting a room in a house and am allowed to park on the drive in front of the garage doors. A couple of weeks ago i came home and an ambulance was parked up on the drive. as i came near they indicated for me to wait so that i could get on my drive, they moved and i parked on. i couldn't get directly on as i could not manouver the car straight on the drive so was a bit over.

the next day i went to work and when i came home my landlord said i dented his garage door and was liable. i said i did not and maybe it was the ambulance ( i mean i would know if i had).

the ambulance said they saw me crash into it

what do i do?

Did the Ambulance people tell you directly or in a written statement that you caused the damage ? If not, I think your landlord is trying to trick you into paying them.

If there is independent evidence that you damaged the garage door, then you should avoid Insurance. Try to fix the garage door yourself or get help from a friend. If it is a metal garage door, I expect that the dent can be knocked out from the other side, if you are careful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the ambulance say its me, the landlord said can't knock dent out and will cost 1200 pounds, i don't know why they can't claim on house insurance..i'm so worried i am just leaving my job and will rinse out my savings if i don't claim but don't see why i have to

the ambulance say its me, the landlord said can't knock dent out and will cost 1200 pounds, i don't know why they can't claim on house insurance..i'm so worried i am just leaving my job and will rinse out my savings if i don't claim but don't see why i have to

Think they are trying to trick you into paying. They will be covered by their Buildings Insurance under the peril, impact by vehicles. Therefore it is a nonsense about you paying £1200.

If the refuse to claim under their Home Insurance, then just contact your Car Insurers to advise them of the alleged accident to the garage door and provide your landlord with your Car Insurance details. The landlord will need to approach your Car Insurers to make a claim against your third party liability cover.

The landlord obviously thinks you are a numpty who they can get money from. Don't fall for it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

will it affect my no claims and thank you i appreciate the help ..its really mean as they no i am going travellin and need all my savings

Yes it will affect your no claims and increase your premium from renewal.

Your landlord could claim off their Buildings Insurance and you could pay their excess. However, if the landlord claims off the Buildings Insurance, they may seek a recovery from your Car Insurers and your no claims will be affected anyway.

Edited by unclebulgaria67