Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. Sheffield city council.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Need some help, been into Sheffield today got ticket (local authority) for parking longer than permitted. On looking at ticket the attendant has wrote served on the 22/06/13.:-D I would like advice on if I can challenge this ticket, as he has put the wrong date on which it was served. :?:

Thanks, Geocyper

Hi Michael, thanks for that quick reply I will send off my appeal now. :-D

Dont send the ticket back. Keep it as proof.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi parked on double yellow lines with blue badge showing. Parked there before no problem, got ticket today with the above contravention. Looked up the codes for this on their web site but can't find any.

Can anyone help. Thanks.

When you park on yellow lines or in other places where there is a time restriction, you need to display the blue parking clock to show your time of arrival. Were you displaying the clock?

The code for 'Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours' should be 01

Was there also a letter suffix, ie 01x

When you park on yellow lines or in other places where there is a time restriction, you need to display the blue parking clock to show your time of arrival. Were you displaying the clock?

The code for 'Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours' should be 01

Was there also a letter suffix, ie 01x

Hi Michael, there was no code on the ticket, just the alleged contravention. They say they observed the car for 12 mins.

Wait a couple of days and then go here:

https://parkingin.sheffield.gov.uk/live-pgc-user/

to see what photos they have. You may be able to check what the clock said.

You have nothing to lose making an informal appeal. If they reject it they will extend the discount by a further 14 days.

Some councils are more lenient to BB holders and will cancel, as long as it is your first offence

Hi all

I been on Sheffield city Council parking site to look at the picture of my car. I forgot what time I put on my blue badge clock. I have put the PCN number in and my reg, but it comes up not found.

It has been a week now since alleged offence, can anyone suggest a way forward on this. Thanks

Contact the office and ask for their assistance in finding them, there will be a telephone number on the ticket and the site.

If you don't get it sorted soon, the price will go up.

Contact the office and ask for their assistance in finding them, there will be a telephone number on the ticket and the site.

If you don't get it sorted soon, the price will go up.

Hi Conniff, will do thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

ok thought it may of been a private parking ticket

contact council if they say nothing is owing get it in writing otherwise they may get carried away with the whole thing and fees will be high at a later date

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

How long ago was the FPN issued? Does it have a date by which you have to make payment before they progress to further recovery action?

Could it be that the council system is showing no sums owed because they have proceeded to further recovery action and so have withdrawn the option to pay online?

Feebee_71

• 8 months later...

Hi All, I parked outside the Crucible in a disable bay yesterday 22/04/2013. I put up my blue Badge and time card, I was allowed up to three hours. I came back 2 hours later and I had a ticket on my car. There is no code for the offense I was alleged to have breached but this "Parked in a suspended bay/space or part of a bay/space.

When I looked someone had placed a yellow plastic sign about 7' up on the bay post telling you the time you could park up to, saying this bay was suspended. This sign was not there when I parked my car. What are my options.

Thanks Geocyper.

Write a letter of appeal. Something like this:

I parked outside the Crucible in a disable bay yesterday 22/04/2013. I put up my blue Badge and time card, I was allowed up to three hours. I came back 2 hours later and I had a ticket on my car. There is no code for the offense I was alleged to have breached but this "Parked in a suspended bay/space or part of a bay/space.

When I looked someone had placed a yellow plastic sign about 7' up on the bay post telling you the time you could park up to, saying this bay was suspended. This sign was not there when I parked my car.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, any help appreciated.

I recieved a PCN this was for "Parked in a restricted street during prescribe hours"

I did not see the sign when I drove in to the road, this was because it was behind another sign, speed restriction. I parked on a single yellow looked for sign but could not see one.

Any way I appealed and sent all pictures in. this was refused now have a notice to Keeper, trying to compile an appeal

geocyper :???:

The only defence I can see is if the signs were not visible enough - but without some images to look at, or at least the location, how can anyone tell you what they think?

Hi Jamberson, thanks for replying I don't know how to download Picts