Co-operative Bank - Messing me about

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Co-operative Bank are marching me to the top of the hill and down again like the Grand Old Duke of York!

Prior to learning the error of my ways (from this site!) I wrote to them in April asking if I had been charged PPI on a credit card. I quoted the card's 16 digit credit card number in full. I received a reply from them at the end of May which contained the following comments:

Having reviewed our records, and from the information provided by you, I have been unable to trace any credit cards in your name that included PPI. I have enclosed copies of statements as evidence of this. Although we are only obliged to keep records for six years our statement records actually go back to January 2000.With this in mind we are unable to pursue your complaint further and accordingly we have closed your complaint on our records. If however you can provide us with copies of any statements from prior to 2000 which show that PPI was included or any other documentary evidence to support your complaint we will be happy to investigate this matter further. Etc. Etc. Etc.

With this letter they enclosed barely legible photocopies of 5 statements from the period 2000 - 2004.

Having subsequently read up on this site I sent them a SAR and £10.00 postal order on 1 June. I have received their response, by letter today. The have returned my £10.00 postal order and state:

Regarding correspondence received 8 June I am writing to advise that we are unable to locate any accounts, loans or credit cards for the customer on file. Please can you provide the full 16 digit credit card number, or sort code and account number, the dates the account was opened/closed if known and any previous addresses held. Please also enclose details of any name changes.

I'm getting the runaround here. How do I respond please? They have got records, back to 2000 and they have confirmed that in writing. How do I stand on the 40 days with the SAR? Do I send the postal order back when I respond? How many deep breaths should I take before I respond?

All advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Forgot to say in OP. The statements that they sent with the first letter definitely relate to the account number that I originally quoted and there has been no change of address or name at any time.

Anyone help please?

Send the SAR again together with copies of the letter in which they say they do have records and copies of the copy statements they sent you.

Tell them that they are in clear breach of the DPA and as such you have filed a formal complaint with the ICO (and do so).

Tell them failure to comply will result in you issuing court proceedings to force disclosure.

Just two more questions before I start bashing the keyboard. Do I send them the original SAR letter as a copy attached to my new letter or do I do it again from scratch? If the latter, do I incorporate it into my letter telling them that they are in breach of the DPA or do I attach it as a separate document?

Thanks ims21