Capquest fun

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after some advice. It's probably to ignore them, but though i'd ask.

I've been having communication from capquest over the last month or so, but have no idea what it is concerning. I had a letter a few weeks back claiming i owed them money, but they didnt say what for. I ignored the letter and binned it.

Then the phone calls started. One a week, on a thursday around 1 pm like clockwork. The first 3 i picked up and he was asking for me by name. I didnt confirm and he said he needed info for DPA ( yea right). I refused to give it to him and he said he'd mark it as a refusal. I just hung up.

Then last week, they called and left a message on the answer machine. They stated who they were, a reference number and my name. (Remember, they dont have any concrete evidence i live at this address).

Then today another message saying doorstep collectors will be coming in the next 7 days if i dont contact them within 24 hours ( like thats gonna happen).

I wonder what their doorstep lackies will say when they knock on the door and a 6ft 2 200lb ex rugby player opens it with an Alsatian running around the garden freely :)

Now i know i should ignore this, but i want to have a little fun. Does anyone have an idea of a letter i can send them that doesnt confirm my identity and stops them pursuing me? One thing i am curious about is what they are after? Any debts that i have previously had would be well SB'd by now, and on a completely different address ( we moved to this address two years ago.)

Any advice welcome :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i doubt they will do a doorstep collection,they hoping they will scare you into phoning them

give the doorstep a clean down ready for collection:-)

if it was me i would ignore them in the hope they do turn up so i could ruin there day:razz:

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Oh i know its probbaly just a generic threat. I dealt with them years ago. Im just curious what debt they could be after and why they havent actually said what the debt is for. I'm tempted to call them and record the call and see what they say. However, that would mean revealing my identity.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

is this any good adapt to suit

Dear PERSONS,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for interesting yourselves in my financial affairs.

It has been brought to my attention that you paid an outstanding debt on my behalf to ( bank name)

I cannot thank you enough for doing this as I was unable to do so myself. You have restored my faith in the goodwill of others and you sir are truly a good Samaritan.

If I may be so bold as to mention, I do have some other outstanding financial matters that you may wish to take a look at and having spoken to some friends and family they too would like you to look into their financial affairs.

I believe that the sum (bank name) accepted from you as payment of the debt was around £20.00, well done to you sir for managing to reach such an amazing deal with the bank. I had tried in vain to get them to accept that amount from me but to no avail, you sir have clearly mastered the art of negotiation.

I have already written to the queen asking that you be considered for an award for services of charity to the people, I do hope it is acted upon.

Yours most thankfully,

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

:madgrin:Dear Curr or Madman,

I am in receipt of various ridiculous messages, one of these

peculiar missives states that some person with a fetish for

doorsteps is going to call one, you shoull be aware that I

do not have a doorstep for them to collect, BUT I can give

them directions to a local builders merchants where there

is a large choice of doorsteps on offer.

You should also note that I do not acknlwledge any debt to your

museum of doorsteps or any other collector you may claim

to represent.

My doorstep telephone helpline is now CLOSED so all future

contact MUST be made i writting if you can find your crayons.:jaw:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think i might actually post that brig haha :D

All this irresponsible talk about doorsteps, makes me feel distinctly disadvantaged - if a doorstep collector arrives here, I don't have a doorstep to offer!

The entrance into my flat, is a level, quarry tile floor, circa 1937 - mind you, my front door opens outwards, and might seriously inconvenience any budding collector, if they are standing too close.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Well, i'll be sending them a letter saturday. Cant do it tomorrow. Got an advanced driving test to do :)

Personally I wouldn't send them anything - I'd wait and see if they write to you

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

:madgrin:Dear Curr or Madman,

I am in receipt of various ridiculous messages, one of these

peculiar missives states that some person with a fetish for

doorsteps is going to call one, you shoull be aware that I

do not have a doorstep for them to collect, BUT I can give

them directions to a local builders merchants where there

is a large choice of doorsteps on offer.

You should also note that I do not acknlwledge any debt to your

museum of doorsteps or any other collector you may claim

to represent.

My doorstep telephone helpline is now CLOSED so all future

contact MUST be made i writting if you can find your crayons.:jaw:

:hail::hail::hail::cheer2: Oh that made me laugh Brigadier

A nice missive telling them they are being reported to the OFT etc as well, I should think! :D "Unless you contact us debt collectors are coming" Well, since they have not yet confirmed you are the one they are looking for (if you don't contact us then we will assume you are the one we are looking for bla bla :roll:) then they have just disclosed what they are not allowed to, that they are debt collectors chasing a debt.

They may have had a family members number by mistake who does not know about the debt.

Back when CAG first started, I seem to recall that Capquest were a major problem, and a meme started, whereby people started posting copies of the Yellow Pages to Capquest, but with no stamps, so the receiver has to pay, must have cost CQ a fortune!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have and nothing unusual is on there. Just the 2 defaults and a ccj that are due to drop off soon. but theyre still registered under a diff iwner.

So got home from work today and my dad had taken a message.

Please call 0844 248 8999

Ref : to arrange a home visit.

Yea... right. Like thats ever going to happen. I still have absolutely no idea what they are trying to get me to pay for.

Maybe i should phone them up and have a little fun at their expense. The bright side is, at least i actually have some kind of a reference number now, for what its worth.

So i have 3 choices. Ignore them, call them up and have some fun, or send the prove it letter.

Edited by renegadeimp

Ok. SO gotten more info from my father. Apparently Crapquest had no problems stating who they were, and the fact they wanted to arrange a visit. My father didnt even ask any questions to this effect.

So on Monday, theres either a recorded call going out to them, or a Prove it letter, along with a formal letter of complaint, plus a complaint to the ICO.

And STILL i have no idea what supposed debt they are after.

Just had another call from "david".

Asked me if i was Mr x. I simply ignored him and said "who is this?" . He said "its a company called capquest. I'm calling mr x in regards to a personal matter in regards to letters we have sent him. Are you MR x?".

Umm hello... I've never had letters from you, you muppet.

Still didnt confirm my name, i just said " i dont know who you are and what you do, but if you want to contact Mr x, can you please do it in writing. Goodbye".

As i started to put the phone down, he mumbled something about "refusals". Meh, whatever you say "david".

The only thing i can think of that it could possibly relate to is a long SB'd debt, one of my two defaults that fall off in 5 months ( Cabot Financial still own the debt, so if its either of these, crapquest can go take a jump), or one of the two CCJ's that i have that expire soon. However, if its one of those, i doubt they could enforce it since i have had zero contact with any creditors since the CCJ was issued. Either to me, or from me to them.

Edited by renegadeimp

Another phone call. 8.30 am this morning. These idiots just dont seem to understand english :shock:

when they ring again thank them and ask them to ring again at the same time tomorrow as you need to get up early as your going on holiday and don't want to miss your flight.

Like myself having a long rest/recouperate, phone call from company we are trying to assist you to market property you are not being very helpful (they wanted to market at a ridiculous price, (agents quick profit?), I may ask Mr xxx to call around and see you to re-plan the selling aspect.

O.K. as I am the Seller you are my agent I look forward to seeing him, answer he will call to-morrow morning 9a.m., blimey I say Concorde is out of service I thought, What do you mean they ask? well seeing I am 8,000+ miles away be a miricle. We will await your return then Um.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

To be honest, i dont mind them ringing, as most of the time it goes to answer machine anyway. However, i am still at a loss what debt they are chasing up or chancing their luck on.

:lol:You need to send a letter written caps with a red crayon, they'll understand that.!!!:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: