Contract hire cancelation after 2 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ordered a new mercedes via an online dealer. I signed a contract hire 2 days ago.

Today I cancelled but they claim I owe them 3 payments ...about £900. It does say on the form I signed about cancellation fee of 3 payments.

What's the deal with ignoring this ?

Thanks

Court Action Would not surprise me as it is clearly stated in the contract.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you did it on line or at home, you do have 14 days to cancel and they should of told you that, without penalty if it is covered by the CCA.

Also DSR may apply if done totally on line!

If signed on premises then you dont!

I 'm afaid it does look that way, if there is no cooling off

period in the contract.

My best advice would be to challenge the dealer on the

grounds that there is no suck clause in the contract.

I presume tis was an electronic 'signature''.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I printed out at home signed then scanned and emailed back. Then today I went in my local dealer to sit in the cars and the salesman asked about my deal. He said he would match it and I had the support of local merc dealer better than some Internet dealer that prob deals from his front room. The merc dealer said as I haven't seen the goods the contact can just be cancelled. To be honest I'll just tell the online dealer to shove the fee and do whatever but I like to know where I stand.

I did sign a contract last week with another dealer then he let me down....shame I can't bill him :)

Dear Voxter,

oddjobbob has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Contract hire cancelation after 2 days - in the Vehicle retailers and manufacturers forum of The Consumer Forums.

You can read the thread and reply to it at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=358667&goto=newpost

To reply, please click the link above. *DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Here is the message that has just been posted:

To be quite honest I hope he sues you and wins.

You signed it = you owe it. No one put a gun to your head.

Ever body would soon be moaning if it was the other way round...

what's this crap ? Stop trolling you silly man

Anything but a troll I assure you.

The fact of the matter is that you signed a contract and now you want to avoid honouring it.

So whatever happens to you regarding any money you have to pay out is only right.

No trolling here - just an opinion.

Oh the mods remove loads of posts, the site is fully censored when yuo have much of a contrary view, that matters not a bit.

The fact remains that you signed a contract in order to get a car.

You now wish to back out of it.

If the bot was on the other foot and someone had signed a contract for yuor benefit then backed off you'd be quite rightly very angry about it and using all means to try and get some mnoey out of it.

Which is exactly whats happening in reverse.

You shouldn't have signed it if you didn't intend to carry it through, no one forced you to do so.

But you did sign up and ought to carry it through, as you agreed to.

That's just my opinion and counts for nothing, do whatever you wish, I still have my money in my pocket, it makes no difference to me either way.

The contract/hire agreement needs to be cancelled in writting; as it is a form of HP and done at home you do by law have 14 days to change your mind.

True of all finance agreements done on line or at home. but not if done on the premises of the agent or dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

You keep saying a troll but I'm not I assure you.

From your point of view I'm actualy pleased for you that you didn't have to pay anything.

However you DID sign up for it and if the boot had been on the other foot and you'd signed and then the dealer didn't provide the car for some reason you'd be quite put out.

To me, if you signed, you bought.

But you kept yuor money, so that's good.

oddjobbob user-offline.pngI dont Know what your problem is; this is a consumer rights site! and we try to help people about their rights as a consumer within the law that is there to protect them!

The 14 day rule is there to protect consumers who on reflection wish to change their minds:

i.e. Salesman calls at pensioners home eother invited or not and persuedes them to sign a contract for doble glazing maybe by undue pressure.

The LAW then allows them to think it through and maybe the deal is too expensive or not what they want to do, so they can then cancel it within 14 days.

Do YOU think that they should not be allowed to do this!! Only applies to consumer credit agreements.

The same applies to on line orders or its 7 days for goods or services covered under the distance selling regs.

As said before if this was done in a shop or dealership this would not be true.