prepaid card from tuxedo

aiden.gal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a prepaid credit card, do you have any suggestions on where to apply. So far I've found Tuxedo prepaid and was thinking of getting my card there. It's important that its a prepaid MasterCard. Maybe you have some advice on where to apply or where you've made bad experiences.

Thanks!!

Aiden

The Sun paper promoted this.

Search on line, I have heard

the Tuxedo is ok.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Norwich and Peterborough Building Soc I think provided

the Sun Tuxedo Card.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Tuxedo had higher rates as I recall as in the past I had been looking for one for Ryanair flights as they kept changing their requirements.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/prepaid-cards

Its on old link but a good summary. I got the Co-op one as it had better prices than others from the same company (?Raphael Bros).

Many are aimed at specific needs, such as the current Ryanair one has poor rates but offers no charges for their flights. Lycamobile offers one for a ?ttenner? and the same amount is credited to your phone with 10% discounts on subsequent top ups. Many and intended for use in other countries in specific currencies.

Each time you get a new one - you can normally get about £100 in discounts via quidco as a new first customer for various sellers.

Tuxedo is a PREPAID CARD

i know. I bought a red one in Poundland 3/4 years ago to read the T&Cs. I never credited it though but got a postoffice travel one then a coop travel one. But then just started a euro bank account.

If a new prepaid card is used with a new online shop ID then it tracks as a new person/account.

So all supermarkets pay out online for first home deliveries etc as do gambling sites etc

Ok I applied for the tuxedo prepaid card. I'll let you know how it's working out for me as soon as I've used it. Thanks for your help! :)

Some of theses cards can be expense to use,one of the cheapest pre pay around is Orange cash

http://cash.orange.co.uk/?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 1 year later...

I think it is the worst prepaid card I have used, they charge you £2.00 every month the card is not used. They charge you to transfer your funds back to your account, I was told it would be £10 so I paid £4.50 and got a card to draw at the ATM, but then they charged me £1.50 per £100 drawn. The staff at the customer service do not understand you, you have to repeat over and over again on a telephone number that costs you a fortune per minute. After mentioning I had lost my card, he asked me if I could give the number on the card, then asked me to withdraw at the ATM machine with my card and so on....

Your money dwindles away instead of earning interest you pay them to earn interest on your money.

Thanks

I think it is the worst prepaid card I have used, they charge you £2.00 every month the card is not used. They charge you to transfer your funds back to your account, I was told it would be £10 so I paid £4.50 and got a card to draw at the ATM, but then they charged me £1.50 per £100 drawn. The staff at the customer service do not understand you, you have to repeat over and over again on a telephone number that costs you a fortune per minute. After mentioning I had lost my card, he asked me if I could give the number on the card, then asked me to withdraw at the ATM machine with my card and so on....

Your money dwindles away instead of earning interest you pay them to earn interest on your money.

Thanks

I don't think that a prepaid card can be seen as a worthwhile investment, useful as a cheap way of handling currency abroad or as a short time replacement for a debt card.