Cheque Centre Confusin and Nightmare - COURT PAPERS SERVED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm looking for some clear advise on how to deal with the Cheque Centre.

I have a lot of debt and I've recently been in touch with Pay Plan and I'm going on a DMP to deal with this but Cheque Centre seem to be more complicated than that.I got a text that said my account had been passed to the Sheriff Court to be raised for legal action an should I wish to avoid this I should call them. Which I have done.

Now when I first started trying to get my finances in order, I emailed them and offered £10.00 a month to start with as I have very little money, they said no to this and then asked why I was unable to pay them back all of a sudden because I'd been a good customer for a long time. I emailed back and told them about splitting up with my partner etc and then I never got another email from them again.I just got the text yesterday and spoke to a member of the legal team today.

He bombarded me with a lot of information about, being served papers to attend court at my workplace, how my employer would proabably dicpline me for this and lots of other information I'm unsre about. He said Pay Plan can't help because of the legal action that's being started and that if I made a token payment, he could stop the legal action for a couple of weeks until I sent him an expenditure form back that he's going to send me.

Now I've told a couple of lies to him which I'm a little worried about.

1) I've moved house since I took out my loan with them and I haven't told them this as I'm terrified they'll come to my new address and 2) I have two bank accounts now and I gave him payment of £1 from the one I no longer use, because I don't want them arresting my wages but I told him it was my main account, again all due to fear I'm afraid.

Now I'm worried that I won't get the expenditure form to send back to them now as he's sending it to my old address (I did ask him to send it to my work but he refused) and it's all going to get worse.

Sorry for being a big moan, just not very good with all this money stuff, especially when it all starts to get legal. I've been a fool but I will never be again!!

Edited by havinastella
Edited for OP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have edited it for you, hope its ok.

Firstly, NEVER speak to these muppets on the phone (unless you can tape the conversation) as you have found out, they will say anything to get a payment.

When you repay this, you repay at what you can afford, not what they want.

If they ring refuse to answer security and tell them you will only communicate with them via letter or email.

Never use Direct Debit, if you are going to set up a payment, make sure its a Standing Order only.

Jogs

Aw thanks for that. Sorry for being all new and stupid.I just really don't want to go to court over this and I'm trying to avoid it at all costs. Is there anywhere I can get a copy of Cheque Centres expenditure for that he is sending me out to my old address?

Court is a LONG way off, if it even happens. Dont worry about it.

If it does happen, its not like you see on the tv. It's you, a court rep, and the other parties representative ( if he/she even turns up, they usually dont). They put their case forward, then you can supply all info to back up your side of the argument. The judge/rep will look at both sides and decide FAIRLY what judgement to grant.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nope. Youre not getting a summons. It's a civil case. Youll just get documents in the post which you acknowledge by filing online, then you can figure out a defence and send the papers back. It's NOTHING like you see on tv, so dont worry.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I've just been on the phone speaking to my case manager at Payplan for the first time and all went well (although I found her very hard to understand) She called me back about 15 minutes later to say that her supervisor said that capquest (who are dealing with my Tesco loan debt) might freeze my bank account and I should get a new one asap. I've just recently opened a new bank account four months ago. Do I really need to go through this again? Especially if capquest don't actually have my new bank details?? Please help, I'm stressed out my head now as I get paid next week and if Capquest take that monet then I'm going to be in a very bad way. I asked my case worker if I should call capquest and advise that i'm in a DMP but her advice was hard to understand. ANy ideas?

I've just been on the phone speaking to my case manager at Payplan for the first time and all went well (although I found her very hard to understand) She called me back about 15 minutes later to say that her supervisor said that capquest (who are dealing with my Tesco loan debt) might freeze my bank account and I should get a new one asap. I've just recently opened a new bank account four months ago. Do I really need to go through this again? Especially if capquest don't actually have my new bank details?? Please help, I'm stressed out my head now as I get paid next week and if Capquest take that monet then I'm going to be in a very bad way. I asked my case worker if I should call capquest and advise that i'm in a DMP but her advice was hard to understand. ANy ideas?

Here's what she said;We have an indication that you currently bank with RBS and there is a link with Tesco’s.If you have not changed banks yet, you will need to as banks have what they call the Right to Offset. This means if we contact them and advise them you are in a Debt Management Plan, they can freeze the money in your account and use it solely to clear off your debt to them. For this reason we will NOT contact Tesco’s / RBS on your behalf until you advise us that your income is going into a safe account.

Call the coop and open a basic account over the phone. As long as you dont have a history of fraud, they will open one there and then.

DO NOT speak with capquest. They are well known liars and bottom feeders. Get another bank account and get your money in there just to be safe. Once the debt is repaid, you can send your money back to the other one.

It's a necessary evil if you want to pay your debts and have a safe income at the same time.

If you contact capquest, you will be given the run around and a ton of lies. Plus it would defeat the entire point of signing up with payplan.

They have asked me to get in contact with then by 24.07.12 I can't change my bank account now with my work as it has to be more that 7 days notice, which has passed now. Hopefully I'll be safe till then, you think? As they still won't know I'm in a DMP eh? This has been some day for debt companies. HAd the manager of Cheque Centre on the phone saying what I was told a few days ago was wrong and they would accept the DMP but the papers would still be served but I've just to ignore them, is this usual practice?

They have asked me to get in contact with then by 24.07.12 I can't change my bank account now with my work as it has to be more that 7 days notice, which has passed now. Hopefully I'll be safe till then, you think? As they still won't know I'm in a DMP eh? This has been some day for debt companies. HAd the manager of Cheque Centre on the phone saying what I was told a few days ago was wrong and they would accept the DMP but the papers would still be served but I've just to ignore them, is this usual practice?

You need to get a complaint into the OFT now. They are trying to get judgement by default by conning you into ignoring the papers. This would mean you are liable for the entire amount.

He doesnt do it specifically to you. Dont worry about it. They do it to everyone. Calm down, dont worry and follow the advice given so far. You'll be fine.