Probable Tax Credit Overpayment

worriedwoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bear with me please.i recently renewed my claim. I gave incorrect figures accidentally but have written since with the correct figures. I believe the figures means that I would have been overpayed 2011-2012, im not sure as the whole thing confuses me. Its been 2 weeks today and I havent had anything from the HMRC. Will I be investigated, and will they send me to jail. Im so scared. Im not sleeping or eating properly with worry. Any mistakes I made have been in human error.I have always made a joint claim even when I split up from my partner as we always got back together eventually so I would never tell the HMRC. Was this wrong.We are emigrating in September and I am so scared that they wont let me go....HELP

First of all, don't panic.... You made a mistake and you rectified it.

You will shortly receive an award notice which will advise you of the amount overpaid.

This will usually be collected by deducting it from a subsequent award.

When you receive the letter, post back here if you need further advice

Gbarbm

Not really.

The final filing date for renewals is 31 July... So they are really busy and have in fact drafted staff in from other departments to deal with calls and processing of claims

Gbarbm