Claim form Northampton CCBC - from Britannia Recoveries. sold MBNA card debt - urgent guidance needed

Lilly_22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Virgin Credit Card that MBNA operated. MBNA never responded to my CCA request and sent them 'Ac in dispute' letter ages ago. I kept up the £1 token payment until this Xmas. Now they have sold to Britannia recoveries and their cronies are asking for full payment.

What should I do?

I had a Virgin Credit Card that MBNA operated. MBNA never responded to my CCA request and sent them 'Ac in dispute' letter ages ago. I kept up the £1 token payment until this Xmas. Now they have sold to Britannia recoveries and their cronies are asking for full payment.

What should I do?

Had the same this December. Write to Britannia and tell them Account in dispute due to no CCA. Most of these MBNA agreements are not worth Jack (pre 2007 ) just got ex Mrs Hippy off one of thes and hers were 2006

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 5 months later...

I used to have a Virgin Credit Card and about 3 years ago could not pay because my business went down and I did not have a job.

I offered and continued to make token payments of £1. This continued for 2 years but when I did not receive statements I stopped it.

In the meantime, I had a letter from MBNA requesting payments. I sent a CCA request - no reply - Account in Dispute - no reply - Account is serious dispute - Zilch.

Then about 3 months ago I received letter from MBNA to say that my account has been sold to Britannia Recoveries.

Their agent wrote to me and I responded by saying that the account was in dispute that I intend to make a formal complaint to MBNA.

Nothing after that and now this claim.

Claim states - MBNA CC agreement... acrued balance... defaulted on payment... formal demand sent for full payment... amount now due.

I need help urgently to acknowledge and respond to this claim.

It is form N1CPC (Claim form 01.12) and Particulars of Claim as follow (date 4th July 2012)

1. A credit card agreement made between MBNA and the card holder (D)
  2. D accrued balance #xxxx
  3. D defaulted on payments
  4. C issued formal demand requesting payment dated ddmmyyyy
  5. Amount now due from D #xxxx

It arrived on Fri 13th probably got misdelivered and reposted.

URGENT

Anybody out there?

I was just about to acknowledge receipt online but am stuck. The Claim said all I need is Claim number and password and to my horror I discovered I needed Govt Gateway details which I don'rt have. I need this form to be with them on Monday 23rd.

Does anyone know their email for Fax number?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks andyorch. I posted update but it got deleted in thread merge. I managed to acknowledge online but need help in putting defence together. Never sent letter suggested by 42man. Was undergoing stressful times for fear of losing job and resulting stress at home. What should I do, now.

Hi Lilly

You have 33 days in total ( 5 deemed served so 28 ) 14 days to AoS and if you are defending a further 14 days to submit your defence.What date is your summons?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No summons yet (if I understand you correctly). Just a claim with forms to acknowledge or admit and sheet for income and expenditure. Forms received - N1CPC, N9CPC, N9A(CPC) and N9b(CPC).

By the way, I did tell Britannia that the account was in dispute and I wanted to lodge a formal complaint with MBNA

No summons yet (if I understand you correctly). Just a claim with forms to acknowledge or admit and sheet for income and expenditure. Forms received - N1CPC, N9CPC, N9A(CPC) and N9b(CPC).

Thats a summons otherwise known as a N1 from Northampton.

In that case it is dated 4th July 2012.

Ok so you have Acknowledged Service and if you was to defend your defence would be due Friday 3rd August.You state that MBNA are in default of your CCA request.

Is the Claimant listed as Britannia Recoveries?

Did MBNA ever issue a Default Notice?

Is there any PPI involved in the credit agreement?

Yes, the claimant is listed as Britannia Recoveries. I am not sure if they ever issued a default notice because the card was in the name of Virgin and to begin with they were harassing us. I will need to check. They don't mention in the claim but I will check. There is no PPI involved. Have not yet made a formal complaint to MBNA; time has just flown by. I suppose I better get my skates on.

Bumping up - urgent.

Can someone tell me what I should ask for on CPR31.14 based on Claim form stating:

A credit card agreement made between MBNA and the card holder (D)

D accrued balance #xxxx

D defaulted on payments

C issued formal demand requesting payment dated ddmmyyyy

Amount now due from D #xxxx

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

CPR 31.14 request sent. No response yet but it looks like Northampton has granted them default judgement as I received mailshot form a company offering to help with my CCJ. I wrote to the court that meaningful and particularized defense could not be submitted as we are awaiting claimant's response to our CPR request.

How do I get it set aside?

Not necessarily Lilly only if you have received notification of judgment from Northampton you have a CCJ.Check with Northampton and enquire the status.

Thanks Andyorch for the quick response. I haven't received the notice from Northampton. The only thing I think I may have done wrong was to use the words 'My Statement' instead of my defense. Court wrote back saying I could pay £45 or agree with the other side for an extension to defense. I am scared of courts. Just spoken to Mailshot outfit and they say they got the information from CCJ register. Does that mean I have it and in case it does what can I do to fight it or set aside as the other side is still to respond to my CPR request.

Thanks very much for your time.

Firstly check with Northampton to the status ..ignore any mailshot ambulance chasers and you could also check :- http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ Cost £4.If they do have a CCJ by default then we will advise further.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andyorch. Had the letter come in today. 'Judgement for claimant (in default)' for amount climed + interest+ costs. What do I do now. Still no response from solicitors to my CPR request. No agreement has ever been produced.