Sigma V Nana

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Yet another identical Sigma/ H L legal split monies claim here, received friday the 13th of July to which I immediately logged onto MMCOL to say I would be defending the whole of the claim and CPR 31.14 and CPR part 18 requests to H L Legal sent recorded today.

It is identical to all the other claims seen on here recently but thought I would throw my hat in the ring in the hope that it may help others. This is an almost 4 yr old debt that Sigma have bought from HSBC.

POC

part only of monies due under regulated credit agreement between HSBC Bank plc and the defendant the benefit of which was assigned to the claimant on 21/10/11...wont bore you all with the rest as it reads exactly the same as others and the sum claimed is for 299.99.

Anyhoo this account became a formal account in dispute on the 31/10/2008. I sent a CCA 1974 request to HSBC on the 14/10/2008 ( i still have the RD receipt) I heard nothing after 14 days had past so sent them a letter warning them that this was now a formal account in dispute, I heard nothing more until 21/4/2009 I got a letter from D G Solicitors acting on behalf of HSBC thanking me for my recent updated letter concerning my request for a copy of my credit agreement (HUH??) I didn't write to them i didn't even know of their existence,and that they are sorry for any delay caused in responding to my request :roll: never heard another thing until now..and I know that the amount is expedentially greater than the amount being claimed. I know this because it says so on the top of the afore mentioned D G solicitors letter.

So their you have it I have read loads of other threads concerning this same matter and advise given so I am pretty clued up but any further advise/input is always gratefully received...... Nana

Hi Nana this is a growing club now!

I'm doing exactly the same as you- interested though in how much notice you gave for the CPR 18 request- I've said seven days for the 31.14 and would like to do the same for the CPR 18- I mean they should [lol] have this info at their finger tips and I want to keepcracking through this ,but I've seen 14 days mentioned a couple of times, yet the general advice from various Legal sites is 'request a reasonable time,' so it doesn't appear set in stone. Any thoughts on this folks?

Also nana, are you one of those who got NoAs addressed to the wrong person in the New Year?

Hi skem I gave 7 days for the CPR 18 because basically IMO it's just question answering and 7 days again IMO is more than enough time. I gave fourteen days for the CPR 31 .14

No I"m not in the wrong address club with the NOA but they did arrive together in the same envelope and were not sent recorded delivery. Unfortunately I didn't keep the envelope. But no matter if I didn't sign it does not exist.

And yes it's nice belonging to a club I will pop in later and subscribe to your thread :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nana Buzz, have you had any response to your requests.

I haven't heard anything yet, & not sure whether or not to do anything further! Not long til I need to get defense in.