Help with BoS Preference Account Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Am new to the site, so please bear with me.

I have recently sent a CCA request for a BOS preference account and have received a signed CCA for a loan I had in 1999. I remember paying off the loan and at some later stage think I was offered the preference account, but cannot remember when. Am I right in thinking that the signed loan agreement does not apply to this preference account, should I send a SAR to see if they are linked?

Thanks Sarah

Hi Abby,

I have recently sent a CCA request for a Bank of Scotland preference account and have received a signed CCA for a loan I had in 1999. I remember paying off the loan and at some later stage think I was offered the preference account, but cannot remember when. Am I right in thinking that the signed loan agreement does not apply to this preference account, should I send a sar to see if they are linked?

Thanks Sarah

Hi,

If there is no reference to the preference account on the docs they have sent you, and this clearly only relates to the car finance (which is the same way I got mine if you read through my posts on this ), then they have clearly failed to satisfy your CCA request, in respect of the pref account.

Write back and tell them so, they have already recd your £1 for a copy of CCA in respect of the pref account, so no need to send another, or indeed SAR them at this point (which is a £10 fee). You advise them that the account is officially in dispute, until they satifsy you request regarding the Preference Account held.

Now, they may well try the old "this is an overdraft facility and as such is a bank account, which don't have CCAs, and are neither regulted by the CCA74", if you have had a good read through my BOS posts regading my own account (and others), you will see that this is total carp - but we'll deal with that if they also try it on with you.

In the meantime, get a copy of your credit record (sign up for the free 30day trial and then cancel, try experian, or "check my file" - who hold the records of experian, equifax and callcredit" - look to see what they have registered the account as with the CRAs. If they are true to form it will be a credit card - if so - ibingo we have them.

Hope this helps ... shout for more guidance if needed !

Abs x

Hi Abs,

Many thanks for your reply, I've had another look at the cca they have sent me and the agreement seems to be half a page for the AA loan and half the page for AA Account, shall I upload a copy as the loan side has the following in the signature box 'this is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but the AA account has no reference to this at all, although there is a signature and date from me there is only a signature on behalf of capital bank but no date.

Many thanks

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks

Hi Abs,

Many thanks for your reply, I've had another look at the cca they have sent me and the agreement seems to be half a page for the AA loan and half the page for AA Account, shall I upload a copy as the loan side has the following in the box 'this is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but the AA account has no reference to this at all, although there is a signature and date from me there is only a signature on behalf of capital bank but no date.

I must have signed for it the same time I took out my loan, I have never had a card for the prefence account but used to have a cheque book.

Sarah

• 4 weeks later...

Yep .... go onto quick reply, and select go advanced. Where you will see a little after the text box, the option to manage attachments.

Or load it under photobucket and post the URL link to it.

Abs

Hi, sarahld.

I've unapproved your attatchments, please remove all personal details and re-post.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert