UK Hire Car Company - Car not full of fuel after rental dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Large UK Company. Hired car for 9 days.

Mrs AO 100% certain that car was filled up before dropping car off at location, which was less than 200mtrs from garage. Unfortunately drop-off place closed so unable to obtain Check-In signatures.

Hire car company now says that car required XYZ amount of fuel to fill the car up. Unfortunately for us, Mrs AO no longer has the receipts for filling the car up.

So far..

1) We have emailed them, asking what the charge was on the bank card. We were not informed/nor invoiced for the charge.

2) They replied saying it was for fuel

3) We replied disputing the charge, informing them that the car was full.

4) They replied, saying send a copy of the fuel receipt and we shall cancel the charge.

5) We sent back saying we had disputed the charge, and would seek advice for a chargeback if they cannot prove the car required XYZ amount of fuel.

We dont know if we would be able to obtain copies of the receipt now? Is that possible?

Did you pay by card for the fuel or cash?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Get the bank statement to show the amount and work out how much fuel was added.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The problem i have here is that they could argue that we simply bought something for the value on the bank card. We have not yet received an email back yet.

I can send them a screen shot of the petrol station, though this could be anything and i would have to guess fuel was about £1.36 per litre.

If thats the case, then they can go to the petrol station and get the receipt. You are also talking about "what if" scenarios. It's best to wait until you get a reply first before worrying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D