BankFodder BankFodder

1manteam

Cost of County Court Action for TDS non protection

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2817 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Does anyone have an idea what commencing action will cost? I've seen wildly varying figures for use of the N208 form from £175 to £000's

If there is non-protection by May 6th 2012 and no info provided, then isn't it an open and shut case - never that simple I know?!

Is a defendant given the right to counterclaim, given that they either have or have not followed the legal obligation?

Thanks in advance.

suing for non-protection is through the County court and best to contact them regarding costs and liability etc. could be quite a bit up front.

Up to to judge as to amount of compensation they award, early days yet to see how its going.

I am currently having an online 'dispute' with a student lawyer over these costs - you may want to read it to see who you believe.

http://www.thelawforum.co.uk/tenant-deposit-dispute-%E2%80%93-no-deposit-protection-scheme-please-help

On that forum, I am user TenancyServices

I am currently having an online 'dispute' with a student lawyer over these costs - you may want to read it to see who you believe.

http://www.thelawforum.co.uk/tenant-deposit-dispute-%E2%80%93-no-deposit-protection-scheme-please-help

On that forum, I am user TenancyServices

Seems the op on that thread is the same as one on here,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?358732-Tenant-deposit-dispute-%E2%80%93-NO-deposit-protection-scheme

who didn't like the answer I gave, strange... Was given the same advice on there too...

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

There should be a rule preventing registration of more than one screen name. (IP based?)

CPR 8.1(2) says:

(2) A claimant may use the Part 8 procedure where –

(a) he seeks the court’s decision on a question which is unlikely to involve a substantial dispute of fact; or

(b) paragraph (6) applies.

(3) The court may at any stage order the claim to continue as if the claimant had not used the Part 8 procedure and, if it does so, the court may give any directions it considers appropriate.

Now I assumed Part 8 was for extremely simple cases (as 2(a)) but if a case turned out not to be simple (eg. that it required a hearing) a judge would simply allocate to an appropriate track (as 3)) which could be the small claims track.

Of course, my assumption is based on logic, whereas this is law :)

It seems from this forum that a number of people have made relatively straightforward claims under the rules without apparent risk of costs. What impression do others have?

Whilst I agree with you Steve_m, the CPR is explicit that section 214 claims must be part 8. And part 8 is Multi-track (substitute the word 'expensive').

There should be a rule preventing registration of more than one screen name. (IP based?)
Is that me you are refering to Mariner51? (aka 'Mariner')

No, I was referring to 2 differing OPs, highlighted by CarpetCleaners.

AFAIK my only screen name for this forum is mariner51.