Cost of County Court Action for TDS non protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have an idea what commencing action will cost? I've seen wildly varying figures for use of the N208 form from £175 to £000's

If there is non-protection by May 6th 2012 and no info provided, then isn't it an open and shut case - never that simple I know?!

Is a defendant given the right to counterclaim, given that they either have or have not followed the legal obligation?

Thanks in advance.

I am currently having an online 'dispute' with a student lawyer over these costs - you may want to read it to see who you believe.

http://www.thelawforum.co.uk/tenant-deposit-dispute-%E2%80%93-no-deposit-protection-scheme-please-help

On that forum, I am user TenancyServices

Seems the op on that thread is the same as one on here,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?358732-Tenant-deposit-dispute-%E2%80%93-NO-deposit-protection-scheme

who didn't like the answer I gave, strange... Was given the same advice on there too...

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

CPR 8.1(2) says:

(2) A claimant may use the Part 8 procedure where –

(a) he seeks the court’s decision on a question which is unlikely to involve a substantial dispute of fact; or

(b) paragraph (6) applies.

(3) The court may at any stage order the claim to continue as if the claimant had not used the Part 8 procedure and, if it does so, the court may give any directions it considers appropriate.

Now I assumed Part 8 was for extremely simple cases (as 2(a)) but if a case turned out not to be simple (eg. that it required a hearing) a judge would simply allocate to an appropriate track (as 3)) which could be the small claims track.

Of course, my assumption is based on logic, whereas this is law :)

It seems from this forum that a number of people have made relatively straightforward claims under the rules without apparent risk of costs. What impression do others have?