Letter from CCS Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Hopefully somebody can help us with a situation that we have here please.

Today my parents have received another letter (3 received in the last month now) from the above named company,

which apparently states that I owe £345.95 to Aktiv Kapital First Investment Ltd.

I find this rather bizarre as I have been mainly living overseas for a decade and certainly do not have any outstanding debts. I have never even heard of either of these companies?!

My concern is that they will turn up at my parents house and start putting pressure on them

and making them feel uncomfortable (they are in their late 70's and not in the best of health) and pressurise them into paying money that is not due.

Do I email these CCS people and tell them that I have been overseas for a decade and that the debt cannot be mine,

ask for proof etc, or do I just ignore them and hope they do not turn up and start hassling my folks.

Even if this debt was mine, which it is not, I have not been in the UK since 2002 on a permanent basis, so would this not be statute barred if before that time?

I need to resolve this for the sake of my parents so they do not worry,

however I am not sure if I should contact these delightful people or just ask my parents to return to sender any letters? But if they turn up at the door, what should they say?

Thank you so much for any kind assistance that anybody can help us with, it is much appreciated.

What you need to do is send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Then relax, sit back and wait to see what they say. Dont give them ANY details at all. Simply send that letter.

Should ANYONE turn up at your door, you are well within your rights to tell them to sod off. See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members for more info

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good advice from renegadeimp, but I think you should also consider a couple of other things.

It would seem to me that as you have nothing whatsoever to do with this alleged debt, then your main concern is your parents - and quite rightly so. See what their response is to the suggested letter.

If they do keep insisting and threaten doorstep collection (but only if they do) then it may help to send them the doorstep visit letter in the CAG library. You could include in that a sentence along the lines that you reiterate that you have no knowledge of the alleged debt.

Keep a copy of the letter for your parents, so that if anyone does try visiting, they can hand them the letter and tell them to go away. If they don't go straight away, make sure your parents know that they can phone their local police station (not 999) and request assistance as a stranger is on their doorstep, making threatening demands.

Hope that helps,

H. x

Actually once you have sent the prove it letter, they must provide proof of the debt in full and must not contact you otherwise. If they do contact you without proof then they are in deep trouble.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks to you for your prompt and helpful replies to my thread. You advice is very much appreciated and I shall act upon it accordingly. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly,

you don't have to speak to these 2nd hand debt merchants.

By the time they try to contact you the debt has been sold on for a tiny fraction of the original sum.

From your point of view it's best not to speak to them at all. Invest in a call blocker and reject all their calls.

You need your peace of mind and they will harass you until you give in.

Do Not Pay a penny.

They cannot just turn up any your door without a pre-arranged appointment, without a court order.

They won't go the legal route - it takes far too long, too expensive for them.

They rely upon people's ignorance of their rights - be brave and just tough it out and eventually they will stop.

Just be patient, ignore all their letters, no matter what they say.

Ignore the fake Solicitor's letters, just check the address and post codes - you'll see they are very similar.

The same company masquerades under several names.

You are best Not replying at all.

Don't tell them anything.

I had credit card debts of over £44,000 at one time

- I did not pay and now when I go on Credit Expert/Experience it's all gone

- my record has been wiped clean.

Just get on with your life. Wishing you all the best.

- Joyful7979

even WITH a court order

no DCA has ANY legal powers to demand money at our door. ,.....even WITH a court order.

thats a job for COURT BAILIFFS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...