Whs

X1O1X1O
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I thought I'd renew all my old folders that I use to file away my documents and accounting things. (bank statements, invoices, etc) and where else better to do that then WHSmith. (Or so I thought.)

I bought around 10 folders - and 5 packets of 100 folder sleeves. (Fairly cheap quality may I add, expected better from WHS) When I got home I decided to start removing the old sleeves and replacing them with new ones. As I was doing this I immediately noticed the new sleeves won't allow for the paper to fit! 9 out of 10 sleeves I tried caused the paper to curl up a little. (Same as when you put 10 pages into one sleeve.)

After a bit of head scratching I took a measuring tool out and noticed that the actual sleeves themselves are around 1cm narrower then the ones I have now.

A few pages fit with a bit of struggle, but most don't. My bank statements immediately curl up, which means I can no longer double side the sleeves either as they barely fit a single page.

Can I bring these back to WHS and tell them that they are not fit for use? Because they really are not.

Thanks!

Depends. Do they have an advertised size?

Also, you should be able to take it back and get a replacement if you have the receipt anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the size on the packet is the actual size of them then I cant see that you can take them back once you have opened them, however if they just say A4 for example and they are not then yes they are wrong. Manufacturers do change the size of things and to be honest if they are what it says on the pkt then it was up to you to check you got the right size.

having said that WHS are a fairly reputable store and they may well just exchange them if you take them back.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thanks for the replies. I took it back today, but they said they can only, if anything, exchange the unopened ones for something else.

Does anyone know where I can find ‘proper’ sleeves? You know, the ones that aren’t cut 100% down to the micrometer? :)