BankFodder BankFodder

dazedndconfussed

Advice About Claiming Benefits.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2819 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all.

If any of you have read my other thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?355576-Am-I-able-to-request-a-change-of-duties&highlight=plantar+fasciitis you will know that I have been suffering from plantar fasciitis for several months now.

Unfortunately, after putting up with the agony of the condition over this period and attempting to change my duties in work, I am seeing little if any improvement in the condition. I have recently had a verbal warning from work due to the time off I have had to have with the condition and if I take any more time off on sick in the next 6 months, the matter will be escalated.

As a result of this I can't see any other option but to resign but, as someone that has always worked, this is something that to be honest scares me and have to knowledge of.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice as what sort of benefits I would be entitled to claim and how much it is likely to be? Would there be a waiting period before I can claim if I resign (as although I can no longer do my current job I'm sure I would be able to do work which involves sitting down which is something I would be actively pursuing).

Some information that may help:

I have been in my current job for around 7 years and have been in continuous employment for around 11 years.

I live with my partner. She works full time but is only on NMW.

I have joint custody of my young child (this is something arranged between ourselves not a court) and lives with me 50% of the year (although all benefits for her is claimed by her mum so I assume that she wouldn't count)

If there is anything else you need to know then please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

Are you able to work? Resigning does not automatically mean no JSA. It depends on the situation. if you can't work, you may get ESA instead.

At the moment I can't do the work I am currently doing. I am not able to stand or walk for very long at all as the pain is too intense.

I don't see any reason why I can't do a job that involves sitting down as once I am sitting the pain is eased. So something like that is definitely something I would be looking at. Although, on some days, my foot is so inflamed that it is impossible to get my trainers on (haven't been able to wear shoes for quite sometime).

Hi confussed,I would make a claim for esa if you are having health problems,by the sounds of what you have said,you need to rest yourself,you need to send in fit notes from your dr if you was going to claim this benefit,with jsa you need to be fit for work..good luck we it anyway .....