Dentist help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Not sure if i'm right here, but the problem is this:

My Daughter turned 18 on the 4th July.

A few days ago we have received a letter from her Dentist that she has been deregistered at the practice as she hasn't made any further arrangements with them....meaning, arranging a Direct Debit to go on their expensive private treatment plans.

I always thought everyone has ,by law now (that's what i heard mentioned at work anyway), a right to a Dentist, and by them deregistering her they've taken that right away from her.

I am now hoping/looking to get her into my husbands and mine Dentist practice, but i still want to complain about it. I don't think it is right!

Am i wrong in thinking that way, should i just leave it at that?

Thanks everyone,

jellybabe

Perhaps the practice only had an NHS contract for those under 18 so legally they can't see her or they would be in breach of their contract.

They have not taken away her right to a dentist. She is free to go to another dentist

Thanks for the replies.

Well, all i know is that we're not the first ones...they're trying to push everyone onto their expensive private plans. Every single time we went she tried to get me onto it, even telling my daughter before she turned 18 (she had to go on her own just before her bday) that she needs to arrange Direct Debit for one of her plans.

They might not have taken her rights away of having a dentist, i do understand that.....but i know from my own experience how hard it is to find a NHS dentist nowadays.

Oh well, never mind. I will look into having BOTH my daughters registered at our dentist now somehow.

Thanks everyone,

jellybabe