• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they ignore your complaints, then its more ammunition for you to use against them. As for court, what will most likely happen is once they have seen you intend to fully defend yourself, they will try to settle out of court as they dont want their business practices shown. They recently took someone to court who provided a defense, and the rep they sent managed to settle out of court around 5 mins before they were due to go into the courtroom.

Thats good to know that standing up to the bullies works, i fully intend to defend myself. they sent me a email the other day saying theyd accept a £100 a month repayment plan to freeze the interest, ive sent them yet another recorded delivery letter informing them yet again im on icome support but id up my token payment to £10 a month max to freeze interest but i only intend to pay the £200 loan plus the months £98 interest, and for them to supply a breakdown of how exactly they justify the extreme charges theyve added. i doubt theyll accept it.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If youre on benefits, then they get £1 a month. Regardless of their anctics. They also need to learn that repayments are made around YOUR financial situation and not whatever arbitrary number they decide to throw out. There have also been a few reports int he last week or so of some PDL's actually asking if a debtor can decrease their essential outgoings in order to pay them more per month.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If . There have also been a few reports int he last week or so of some PDL's actually asking if a debtor can decrease their essential outgoings in order to pay them more per month.

they have some cheek like dont they, thats kind of like them asking people not to feed their child or keep the house warm, so they can pay them more money, no ones going to do that, these pdl companies have some cheek

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

morning all

this morning ive recieved a letter through the post from NDR which is rather funny since ive got an email from 2 weeks ago stating they are a paperless office. The address on the letter shows their in the same building as speed credit, their that stupid its like theyve given me all the proof in my hands that speedcredit have inhouse crooks as thier debt agency.

Id personally like to thank renegadeimp for all their advice and help, you do great work on these forums and give people the confidence to stand up to bullies theyre nothing to be frightened of :-)

So much for their previous excuse that they only use the same software.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just a quick update for you i sent NDR this email which actually triggered a response

I wish to make yet another offical complaint, about the amount threating emails you send. You keep sending emails stating i havent made contact with you. ive replied to every single email you've sent me. Ive sent you letters through the post that were recorded delivery, and they were signed for at your end which i proof of. I included a budget sheet in those that informed you of my current financial situation. yet you refuse to freeze interest even though im sending you token payments till more money becomes available.

Ive made every effort to resolve the debt with you and if you wish to proceed to court i have full proof of it, and proof of your unlawful harrassing threats.

To which their reply was....

Thank you for your complaint.

Any payments made will be added to your file but WILL NOT be known as a payment plan nor will we freeze any interest.

We cannot freeze your file from correspondence or charges until an agreeable offer has been accepted and a repayment plan has been set up.

Please confirm by return how much and when you will be making a payment

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

so really its like them saying no we're not interested in what your saying unless you pay what we say, i already offered them £10 a month a week ago

surprise surprise i cant contact them about because you get this automated email

Payment Plans

It is always advisable to stay in contact with your creditors to avoid additional penalty charges.

Loans are meant to be repaid in full at the end of the initial loan term. This is made very clear in the terms and conditions you agreed to when you took out the loan.

We cannot accept a payment plan.

Please confirm when you will be making FULL PAYMENT to close your file.

Please note payment of GBP 762 needs to be made by 07.08.12 to stop this file being passed to third party Recovery Agents and further fees being added.

however......

you can rollover / extend your loan by just paying the interest on day 28 of your loan. You will receive an email explaining this when you are eligible

Yours sincerely,

COLL ECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

i need help with the following can someone give me that quote about how you only need to speak to them in a way you understand, as i have told them i wish to only speak in writting numberous time to which i have recieved the following now

Your have made NO effort whatsoever to resolve the matter of your debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. We have no option now but to allow Solicitors, Door Agents and Bailiffs to deal with this case. You are liable for the full debt and will be pursued together with all evidence of your constant refusal to speak to us. This will NOT act in your favour as this matter progresses.

You currently owe:

Loan and Interest GBP 392

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Repayments todate GBP 5

Total GBP 762

Please note

1. Door Agents h ave been dispatched

2. Solicitors have been briefed

3. Bailiffs have been informed

Judgement will be sought and a Warrant of Execution to seize goods/obtain an attachment of earnings.

CALL 0843 381 0843 NOW to STOP further action

the part ive high- lighted ive emailed so how have i had constant refusual to speak to them?

Time to get it to the OFT as part of their investigation. They are trying to play ignorant, in hopes that you will just give in and say "whatever" and pay what they say.

will do, i dropped NDR a short little emailing telling them id quite happily let them just take me to court as i have proof of their constant refusual to take notice of emails, compalints and letters ive sent, and that im sure a judge would disapprove of their threats.

Also i got a text 5 mins ago saying that the bailiffs are comin, yadda yadda yadda and that court action and home visits are imminent. ive always been under the impression it has to go to court before bailiffs can be involved. either this company just persumes many people dont how the law works or this company are just plain thick and stupid and thought it was a bright idea to say that to people.

For bailiffs to even be considered, they would need to take you to court, win a judgement, you would have to default on the judges instructions or a time order request if you made one, the debt would then go back to court, you would have to explain to a judge why you havent paid, the judge would then decide whether to give you more time to pay or instruct further procedures. Only after all that ( and a few other things have happened) would the possibility of bailiffs even be considered. This is a lengthy process.

In short, theyre talking complete bull****

so after telling them id happily go to court i get the following

Thank you for your message,

You currently owe £762

Please note that as you borrowed £200, you are being charged £48 every 14 days. This is CLEARLY STATED in the terms and conditions YOU agreed to.

YOU agreed to the terms and conditions with your double digital signature by way of entering your email address in twice then clicking \'I accept and agree to the terms and conditions\'. The terms and conditions that you agreed to are legally binding under The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Please remember that your original loan was for 14- 28 days ONLY.

You have only made a payment of £5 since you took the loan out on 12.06.12

Here is a COMPLETE breakdown of your account to-date with ALL the dates and the amount of ALL charges:

12.06.12 Issue LOAN £200.00 –

13.06.12 Charge Interest-1 £48 –

13.06.12 Charge Cash Transmission Fee £5

27.06.12 Charge Interest-2 £48 –

11.07.12 Charge Interest-3 £48 –

11.07.12 Charge Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) £10

25.07.12 Charge Interest-4 £48 –

25.07.12 Charge NDR Recovery Fee £350

25.07.12 Charge Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) £10

Payments to-date:

11.07.12 Payment -£5

Your offer to pay £10 per month has been rejected. However any payments made will be added to your file but WILL NOT be known as a payment plan nor will we freeze any interest.

The minimum offer we can accept for a payment plan is £40 a month.

We cannot freeze your file from correspondence or charges until an agreeable offer has been accepted and a repayment plan has been set up

so after weeks of ignoring me they obviously theyve read my emails ive offered them more than theyd get in court, well they can kiss my ass cos all ill be sending is the £1 a month

Terms and conditions do not override your legal and consumer rights. No matter what the idiots at the PDL say.

I also love how they think all those charges are enforceable. Especially the £350 NDR fee which is explicitly stated in OFT guidance as being an unfair charge. As for them saying the min they can accept is £40 a month, the law says otherwise. Repayments are to be made according to your financial situation. It's why we have consumer law, OFt guidance etc etc.

The £350 is there purely as a money maker. Remember, these sc@m artists deal with tens of thousands of people asking for loans. The vast majority of them never question the amount as they don't know any better,

isnt toothfairy and speed credit meant to be on different credit licenses?

Just through the door this morning ive received a letter from Appleton massey solictors, saying their working on the behald of NDR, and it says the following

In the event a judgement is obtained, it is likely we will be instructed to enforcement against you. This may involve one of the follwong

Applying for a warrent of execution to instruct bailiff or high court enforcement officer to seize and sell your goods to the vaulue of the deb t plus interest

Apply for a court attachment of earnings order

If you own your home applying for a charging order over your property to the value of the debt plus interest

In the event the debt exceeds 750 we may be instructed to a serve a statuary demand upon which is unpaid may result in bankruptcy proceedings against you

A court judgement is likely in any event.

Saying the could put bankruptcy proceedings against me seems a bit of a big far fetched threat dont you think

They are meant to be completely separate companies and have no connection between them ( their words).

Appleton Massey are well known to CAG. They are pretty much exactly like Bryan Carter. Solicitors for rent and go for as much money as possible.

Maybe its time to update the OFT/trading standards, even the solicitors regulatory authority on what is going on here. Especially now Appleton Massey are issuing empty and false threats.

Remember, the OFT states that only one company should be chasing a debtor at a time. You currently have Toothfairy, speedcredit, NDR, Appleton massey, and possibly Marshall Hoares.

• Confused 1

ill get them updated today, its ridiculous how they think its acceptable to be harrassing people through so many forms when theyre not allowed to..

The txt countdown to bailiffs ended yesterday so im guessing i should be expecting some form of contact from marshall hoares today.

NDR Seem to be ignoring me again since after the email they sent saying my offers for repayment were rejected i sent them an email quoting emails theyve sent me stating ive made no contact, they mustnt of liked it that i told them they were ignorant for ignoring contact ive made with them which they obviously had read. They havent sent me a breakdown of what the £350 is for which i requested either.

Well, they are under investigation atm, and they are breaking so many rules, CCCS even stopped authorising payments to them.

"The txt countdown to bailiffs ended yesterday so im guessing i should be expecting some form of contact from marshall hoares today".

You will.Another countdown.

I did send Appleton Massey an email regarding the antics of SC/TF,but they did not reply.Also,I never heard anything more from them.

Regards,John.

Appleton MAssey just run off whenever they get a hint of a debtor knowing their rights. As i said before, they are just another company like Bryan Carter and Co. Solicitors for rent to the highest bidder.

Just gettin the new countdown next now, they must be so predictable.

anyone noticed just how stupid NDR are, on there online form where it says question opinons one of them is, What is our relationship with Northern Debt Recovery and Marshall Hoares Bailiffs.........well you are meant to be Northern Debt Recovery obviously someone at toothfairy made that website maybes?

as i informed you yesterday about the solictors letter that literaaly kinda said get NDR paid as soon as possisble yadda yadda yadda, my debt has been offically signed over to marshall hoares and they now own the debt, they didnt even give me a single day to reply to the letter. Anyways now it with the so called bailiffs do i just start from the begining again and send the letters i sent Speed credit and NDR.

Also this email only gives a telephone number it doesnt even state any other form of being able to contact them, or how to pay my token payments to them.

We are writing to give you formal notice that Speed Credit has legally assigned the rights of the above debt to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. This means that Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited now legally own this debt.

Our records show that you have failed to make payments / not come to an acceptable payment arrangement/ not responded to correspondences / when agents have visited your addresses you have not answered.

We intend to pursue you fully for all outstanding sums including any fees we incur collecting this debt. Payment of 762 must be received in full no later than 13:00 S EVEN days from 07/08/2012

TAKE NOTICE: You should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment is received within 7 days then your account will be considered for the following:

Consequences of inaction:

1. Court Judgement legal action will be automatically started in the County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding. Any such proceedings will include additional claims for legal costs and interest which will increase the amount you will be required to pay.

2. Warrant of execution will be applied for to enable us to seize goods at your addresses and or an attachment of your earnings.

3. Register of Judgements the judgement will be entered in a public register, the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines Credit Reference Agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on you financial reputation. This will make it very difficult for you to get credit.

4. Credit reference Speed Credit have already advised the Credit Reference Agencies of your Default. This may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. Once the balance is paid in full, only then will the default be shown as "Default Satisfied".

Yours Faithfully

Another letter that breaks oft guidelines. Its funny how they can "sell" a debt to themselves.

They also are NOT bailiffs.

Send them the account in dispute letter. Theyve bought the debt even though it was under dispute.

Ok will do ill get that sent out today, ive looked on their website they seem to have an address so ill just sent it there. Its all so funny that all 3 websites are the exact same layout, which gives it away they arent a different company

silly me for not noticing the address is in the same office building as speed credit and NDR yet again