Can anyone recommend a place in Glasgow to alter a suit needed to grovel to the bank on Wednesday?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a building plot this morning in Glasgow which I am very :D very happy about, but leaving me fairly skint. I had already arranged an appointment with the bank for Wednesday to hopefully borrow some of the money back.

I have only casual/work clothes with me in the UK - so bought two suits afterwards.

One is tailored slim fit and looks passable as a back up, although is a bit tight on the outer arms though you cannot notice this, but I would like to get the other altered as a comfier fit.

Jacket is 50 inch - trousers are 32 - and my niece can stand inside the front and it fastens round both of us, although its a really good fit from the chest up.

Is this type of alteration possible, and does anyone know of anywhere who are likely to be able to do it before Wednesday afternoon?

I think Monday might be a holiday in Glasgow too- but wont be in Paisley.

There are 11 very expensive suits hanging in the changing room at Ibrox. One of them might fit.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

There are 11 very expensive suits hanging in the changing room at Ibrox. One of them might fit.

Oi you !!!! :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I don't follow football at all, although my mum's cousin was one of the most capped players for Scotland before I was born, playing his first game for Celtic on 19/8/44. His name was Bobby Evans, and he died about ten years ago.

That aside, I think its really unfair what has happened to Rangers, given sport should be above politics and finance - making it massively unjust to place a team based on their finances rather than ability.

If kids were placed in schools with a similar underpinning there would be an outcry, although it seems Westminster currently has incumbents well fulfilling this unfortunate specification.

Edited by Bang!

Hi Bang

You could try "Slaters" its beside the St Enoch Centre in the town.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

@stu007

Thanks - I am amazed they are still there. They used to be on ?Howard St? up a close long before the St Enoch Centre was built. I got a suit there in the early 80s, although the alteration that time was lousy.

Funnily - that was the suit that made me realise it was a waste of time buying a suit as a whole, rather than as matching jacket and trousers in different sizes, as they had to take the trousers in so much the pockets sat open like elephant's ears.

I never thought they would still be about - I will give them a call/visit tomorrow.

Tried to rep you - but it said I need to spread it about a bit. So one I owe you. - Cheers

Edited by Bang!

Hi Bang

Here is there website: www.slaters.co.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group