"Bought secondhand mobile. Now blacklisted by Vodafone"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I raised a helpdesk ticket with CheckMend.

Let's see what, if anything they can do.

If I hear nothing by Monday I'll be raising a complaint with Offcom.

Just be aware that while Checkmend are themselves efficient they are reliant on the network providers who are very slow indeed to respond to anyone. I am still waiting for a response from 3 to Checkmend-11 days now.

Meanwhile I seem to have some movement on my refund efforts as communications with Cash Converters have re-started.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well checkmend have replied, basically saying there is nothing they can do as it's up to the networks to communicate with each other.

So I'm back to square one again :-(

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

That sounds like the first reply I got. I tried again and it was picked up by another person there who is pursuing it further. It may be that my case is more interesting because of the 15 months of uninterrupted use I had but it might be worth you trying again. Good luck.

I'm getting exactly nowhere.

I've had further protracted discussions with T-Mobile who say that the handset is blacklisted and because they didn't blacklist it they can do nothing about it.

Checkmend say that they can do nothing but can only assume that the blacklisting has not been removed by Vodafone.

Vodafone appear to be completely unwilling to do something as logical and simple as picking up the phone and speaking to T-Mobile to ascertain where the problem lies.

I'm piggy in the middle who can do nothing about the situation because no-one will speak sensibly to me and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF SIMPLY PASSING THE BUCK!!

All I know is that Vodafone caused this problem but they steadfastly refuse to do anything logical to address the problem!

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Just spent 1 1/2 hours in the local T-Mobile shop this morning. The guy in the shop phoned customer services and got them to do a thorough check. According to T-Mobile the handset is still blacklisted. They stated categorically that Vodafone have not updated the UK IMEI database correctly and until they do there is nothing T-Mobile can do about it.

Over to you Lee!

OK Lee

I'm not contactable until after 3pm today.

Out on a wing a bit - but you are suffering due to VFs incorrect data.

Call the ICO to see what they suggest. It might go no where, but you might get someone to see your phone/you are potentially proxies for each other.

Also, for Lee, do you think the time this is taking is acceptable? What would happen if someone failed to pay VF for this long? Is there any reason things should go massively slower when the roles are reversed?

Well, finally!

The handset does now appear to be working. Whatever Vodafone did on Monday they finally got it right.

Many thanks to Lee for getting it sorted in the end.

However, Are Vodafone going to offer me some compensation for all the time, effort and money I've sunk into this?

Well, finally!

The handset does now appear to be working. Whatever Vodafone did on Monday they finally got it right.

However, Are Vodafone going to offer me some compensation for all the time, effort and money I've sunk into this?

Congratulations on reaching the end f this saga.

Most likely the answer to your question is NO unless you shout loud and in the right place to the right person in the right way (possibly with an N1 attached)

Well, finally!

Many thanks to Lee for getting it sorted in the end.

Hi Number6,

It's great to see that your phone is now working again.

I'll get back in touch with you either later today or tomorrow to discuss the other aspect of your case.

Also, for Lee, do you think the time this is taking is acceptable? What would happen if someone failed to pay VF for this long? Is there any reason things should go massively slower when the roles are reversed?

Hi Bang!,

As you'll appreciate we aim to resolve any query which a customer approaches us about as quickly as possible.

In this instance we genuinely believed that the action we took back in August would resolve matters. However, for whatever reason it wasn't successful and as such required us to take further action following the information which Number6 provided from T-Mobile.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay Lee, lots of things have taken up all my time.

PM with you shortly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
My partner bought a handset privately and it worked fine for a month. Then it wouldn't make or receive calls. It turns out it's been blacklisted on UK networks.

We've run a report and also reported it to the police.

It turns out that it's not stolen, nor is it the subject of an insurance claim.

I'm assuming then that the previous owner is in default with their contract and hence it's been blocked by whichever network they're in default with.

My question is is there any way to get the block lifted? Anyone had experience of this before?

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

thread is 2yrs old

if you have an issue

please start a new thread

of your own

thread closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks