"Bought secondhand mobile. Now blacklisted by Vodafone"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I forgot to post the Web Relations team email reference number.

Here it is [#9473641]

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Number6,

Firstly, thanks for following the guidance provided by Bang! and locutus.

As discussed yesterday we don't blacklist phones on the grounds that a customer has defaulted on their payments with us.

As promised, either myself or a colleague will get back in touch with you as soon as we have further news about your phone.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Well Lee. (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?260000-Lee-Vodafone-Company-Rep)

We were promised reconnection by 3pm today and the phone is still a brick!

You also said you'd call me after 3pm today to check but I've had no call.

I also sent you a PM earlier this pm - no response.

????

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hi Number6,

Thanks for your time on the phone during Friday afternoon.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the slight delay with getting back to you.

As promised, I'll get back in touch with you again during the course of today with an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee

To update you, as of 1pm there's no change.

Haven't heard back from you yet Lee

Hi i've been following this thread because i'm in the same situation as the user "Number6" i've just tried to send you a private message Lee but it wont let me because i havent got a post count higher than 30.

I've just spent a small fortune on a Galaxy S II and it now will only make "emergency calls" because after much enquiring i've found out it's been blacklisted by vodafone.

Please can you get back to me Lee and any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hi xfade23,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

To enable me to get this looked into further could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Would it be quicker to go to my local vodafone store and show them proof of purchase (my receipt) so that they can unblacklist the phone ?

I've also found out that it's not been reported lost or stolen but more likely the previous owner has not paid his contract off and it's probably been disconnected (IMEI blacklisted)

Would it be quicker to go to my local vodafone store and show them proof of purchase (my receipt) so that they can unblacklist the phone ?

I've also found out that it's not been reported lost or stolen but more likely the previous owner has not paid his contract off and it's probably been disconnected (IMEI blacklisted)

I've since discovered a number of others in this very same position. Not reported lost or stolen but blacklisted. Always by Vodafone. Not found any instance of any other carrier doing this. Vodafone CS will tell you till they're blue in the face that they only blacklist if lost or stolen but the evidence shows otherwise.

I've had to send mine back to Samsung yet again as it still won't make calls since Vodafone blacklisted it for no clear reason that I've been told. Once it comes back from Samsung I'll report back on this thread with an update.

Samsung have told me that if it is still blacklisted they will charge me 100 quid and I'll certainly be looking to reclaim this from Vodafone. Let's hope it's ok.

This goes back to my point in the first place about blacklisting the phone.

If its not reported lost or stolen then the only other reason it's been barred is down to non payment of the bill by the person you bought it off.

Given that the phone is "free" and therefore the property of the contract holder, if the phone has been blacklisted by vodaphone for reasons of non-payment, that might be shown to be malicious and maybe make vodaphone liable for lots of damages. Meanwhile, the phone is now yours and unless vodaphone can show that they have good reason for the phone to be blacklisted, e.g. it's stolen, then what are they doing this for?

I would email them, give a date a week or so in the future for them to fix it, otherwise you will be forced to unlock to use on a different network or purchase a replacement at their expense. You could always phone CS for the unlocking. When they ask for the money, explain that if they take it, that you will be issuing the claim immediately.

I think that you have been extraordinarily patient. I think that must be because you feel some reticence in taking them to court because of their size ...

then unless vodaphone can provide a valid reason for barring it and refuse to unbar it then getting a replacement and getting the money from vodaphone would be the only alternative. How you stop them from barring the next one is anyone's guess.

Have you asked if they would unbar it if you paid the outstanding bills of the original owner (i'm not suggesting that you do pay, just ask, but if they say yes then that makes it obvious why they are doing it). That would only be worthwhile if you can record the call.

Have you asked vodaphone for a written response to why they have barred your phone? I doubt that they will have the bottle to put it in writing that the original owner reported it as stolen if they haven't. All of this delay might be them deciding on their future policy ...

Give them a date that you want this resolved by - either a reason in writing why the phone is barred and why they aren't prepared to remove the bar or the money for a replacement phone. You could let them know that you know the person that you bought it from and that they have confirmed that they did not report it as lost or stolen.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Lee Vodafone Company Rep

Well, my phone is back from the Samsung repair shop today after FOUR WEEKS and they say it's still blacklisted despite Lee assuring me it is no longer blacklisted.

I'm being charged a fee by Samsung now as this is the second time it's been back to them for this same "repair" and I'll be looking to Vodafone to reimburse this.

I'm now thinking enough is enough, I want this sorted and at Vodafone's expense.

Lee, call me please asap to get this sorted.

Is Lee still around? I've just tried to send him a PM and it's bounced!!

Vodafone simply don't seem to care about anyone but themselves and I'm royally ****ed off with all the runaround they are giving me and all the misinformation they're feeding me with.

I am now £100 out of pocket + the £200 I paid for the phone originally + all the travelling to shops, phone calls etc. IMO Vodafone should now simply replace the phone for me.

Lee, get back to me asap please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks