SamMakeup V Natwest... acc#2..

sammakeup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the 2nd account that I am claiming for unfair bank charges.

it is a joint bank account that my husband's salary is paid into monthly. this is our main bank account, everything goes in and out of this account, and while we always end up within our OD, we never go over it... until September....

in the space of 7 days we have been hit with charged for card misue, unpaid cheque and unpaid s/o (to another of many accs we have with Natwest!)

total charges in 7 days??

£254!!!! cheeky beggars!!!!

I handed the letter direct to the bank manager this morning, he has agreed that ALL of the charges are unfair, and has subsequently sent this info to Natwest HO

he expects to have a decision by Tuesday for me....

however, we now have a 'black mark' against us, simply because of this 1 week out of 6 years where we have NEVER gone over our OD or bounced anything.

I was unaware that we had a black mark until further investigation with the BM this afternoon.

is it possible to get this 'lifted' and also reclaim the charges, or should I have asked for this in advance?

TIA

Sam

You can apply for the bad credit to be removed if they have defaulted you, you can also claim the charges BUT if they refund you the charges and they are the only ones you have, i dont know how you would go about it, i dont think you can claim for ones they actually refund you for x

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

Hi SJC

sorry, I wasn't being clear, I meant, did I have to request for the bad credit to be removed at the same time as claiming the charges?

In an update though, the Manager telephoned me today, to say that the bank were happy to refund £140 which was charges for card misuse, OR they would give me back the full £254 on the proviso that my husband and I (its a joint acc) surrendered our service cards, and had standard cash point cards instead....

is this madly cheeky or what? considering, in the 4.5 years its been a joint account, we've never been over our OD apart from this 7 day period....

thoughts?

if we do accept this (which wouldn't be a major hardship, we work with cash mostly anyway), how long would it be before we were able to get our service cards back again?

TIA!

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the bank has credited us with the £254, but in the immediate aftermath of the charges being levied just after I'd made the initial application for them to be paid back, we incurred another 3 charges at £35 a hit, which we would not have done had they not initially taken £254 out of our account....

any suggestions on wording of the next letter asking for them back, cos clearly they are admitting that the charges were unfair, cos they've credited them!!!!!!!