Judgment - VCS - Vehicle Control Services - have you been sued by them? You can probably get your money back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... and they may be in contempt

Oh dear,

JUDGE MciL WAINE: The order will be,

7 "Upon hearing the authorised representative of the c laimant and the defendant in

8 person, the court orders the following , given the fact it has become clear that the

9 claimant has no contractual right to issue proceedings and, further, has not complied

10 with the British Parking Association Code of Practice, clause 6, page 6, the

11 following:

12 ( 1) The case is struck out;

13 (2) The order of DJ Stefanson dated 3-2-12 is hereby rescinded and the claimant is

14 ordered within 14 days of today to refund the defendant, Mr Ibbotson, £42.50;

15 (3) The managing director, Simon Richard Smith, shall by four pm" (This should be Simon Renshaw Smith)

16 - I think he might want to take some legal advice and I shall give you further time to do that-

17 "by four pm on 29 June file at this court an explanation as to the manifest

18 discrepancies pleaded and unproven and show cause why he, the claimant

19 company, and the ... "

20 Hold on a minute. I have got some bad news for you. You are representing the company today,

21 are you not, and you are the litigation authority for the company?

22 MISS COATES: Yes.

23 JUDGE MciLWAINE:

24 "Upon receipt of same, the court will consider if the claimant's authorised officers

25 shall be required to answer to contempt of court.

26 ( 4) A copy of this order shall be sent by the court to the BP A within 14 days."

27 Very well. All I will say to you is this. If it is the case that you have issued proceedings ... This

28 opens another can of worms, doesn't it? If you have issued proceed ings and you have obtained

29 judgments and those judgments are flawed, you have got to setthose all aside. Not a good day at the

30 office, is it? Do you wish to say anything else?

31 MISS COATES: No.

oh dear oh dear

Vehicle Cntrl v Ibbotson.pdf

Judgement.jpg

First time that I have read the full transcript and haven't enjoyed reading anything so much in a long time :-)

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I liked the "toothbrush" threat from the judge, and the way the PPC tried to include the cost of parking attendant's uniform in the phoney parking charge.

Absolute classic. Would love to have been in court to hear that and I can imagine the very red faces after the summing up.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

From the way that the judge expressed himself, I have the impression that he was pretty furious.

Once again our judges show that they are decent and principled.

I wonder how the parking industry will manage to cope with people who are decent and principled :shock: ? That's going to be pretty challenging.

Now this is the bit I like.

you have issued proceedings and you have obtained

judgements and those judgements are flawed, you have got to set those all aside. Not a good day at the office, is it? Do you wish to say anything else?

Now my question is this at a level where it is binding on other courts.

dpick

No it's not - but it is pretty basic law/procedure and would be unlikely to be appealed. In fact the time for appeal is expired so if you have been sued by VCS and Simon Rickshaw Smith - then go and ask for your money back + costs + removal of any CCJ + compensation for any harm caused.

Similarly, if you have been used by any parking company rather than the client, get the judgment setaside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Please excuse my ignorance here but what was the £42.50 charge - was that court costs?

Btw, that was a fantastic insight into something I've been fearing for a while - not so worried anymore though! :whoo:

Correct. Court costs for the application hearing Mr Ibbotson failed to appear at.