Capital Credit Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone know of these...

They claim they are memebers of CSA DBDG but nothing comes up on that website that they are members..

They chasing me for a debt, a chap spoke to my wife saying he is a solicitor told her everything about the debt, and said he was coming round that night to reposses goods if we didnt pay.

They then phoned again when my wife hung up, they rang 12 times in 10 minutes.

I am associated to a bigger company and this debt through organised through my name but for a voluntary subsidary of the larger company, they phoned them up telling them everything and threatening to go to the press.

So who are they ? :|

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0625269

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberCapital Credit Management Limited06801539

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Capital Credit Management Capital Debt Solutions Capitalcm.Co.Uk Debtcollectors.Co.Uk Debtpurchase.Com

Issued Date: 03-Mar-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 02-Mar-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

I've heard of these, been getting so much hassle from there 'solicitor', he was trying to pin a debt on me that I have no knowledge of, When I stated this he just shortly replied with ' thank you for confirming refusal to pay I will now process court papers'. I threatened to report him to which I then had a lengthy email stating he's only trying to work out facts.

They are full of crap, I told him the debt was not mine and I'd happily go to the police with a fraud claim, strangely he's gone quiet now!

They have a bad reputation have changed names a few times and been warned for their conduct, I would say to you that they will say anything they like to try and get money from you.

Give no details, confirm nothing, They can't come to your home and demand money, It's just horrid threats to try and scare you.

A shocking company who need to be reminded of how to conduct themselves.

Edited by alanfromderby

Here they are on the CSA site http://www.dbsg-uk.com/members-list/details/475/capital-credit-management-limited

Very little point in complaining to them about Crap/cred. Instead wtite to your local Trading Standards office especially the

breach of Data Protection Act divulging your info to another company as well as threatening to come round and remove goods.

They are a mickey mouse company who have no more power than a dead battery. They are not bailiffs so can do absolutely

nothing.

Edited by lookinforinfo

Anyone know of these...

They claim they are memebers of CSA DBDG but nothing comes up on that website that they are members..

They chasing me for a debt, a chap spoke to my wife saying he is a solicitor told her everything about the debt, and said he was coming round that night to reposses goods if we didnt pay.

They then phoned again when my wife hung up, they rang 12 times in 10 minutes.

I am associated to a bigger company and this debt through organised through my name but for a voluntary subsidary of the larger company, they phoned them up telling them everything and threatening to go to the press.

So who are they ? :|

Have you checked your credit reference files for this has it been registered.

Are you actually liable for the debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I am also having a terrible time with them. Set up an arrangment back in May, but all they do is say they wont accept it and are still bombarding me with threatening emails about immediate court action. They told me they were sending debt collectors round to my house this weekend just gone, I waited in all day Sat and Sun to tell them to sling it, and nobody turned up. I then receive an email today telling me that there was nobody in when the collectors called. Their email also went on to say they will "send a field appointment officer to your home to discuss this account and conduct a pre-sue report"

Also I am with the CCCS, and it doesnt matter how many times ive told them that they need to talk to CCCS, they insist that they havent heard from CCCS and will only deal with me

Nasty, arrogant piece of work

They are an absolute disgrace. I've been accused of having a debt for hundreds of pounds which is not mine. They use "fishing" techniques to find victims, they send letters to all the known people of a certain name in a certain area , claiming they owe money, then hope the "guilty" one phones in and pays the debt. They have no more power than what your paperboy has.

The company has changed name various times as they have been faced with losing their license due to breaches in their trading. Basically a bunch of cowboy bully's who will say anything to get money.

If you have any dealing with them and you are getting nowhere, immediately email the directors STaylor @capitalcm.co.uk and RHowlett @capitalcm.co.uk stating that you do not want to be contacted any way except email and you do not authorise any visit to your property.

If they break this, they are breaching their license, UNTIL they prove that you owe them money then they can contact all they want.

If they cannot or will not prove the debt is yours, simply ignore it. Of course if they continue to harass you, report them to the Office of Fair Trading. There is also a link on the national debt line website where you can get a template letter to send them, this will either stop them contacting you, or force them to give you proof of the debt. They will need this to ever get a penny out of you in a small claims court. Keep all evidence of abuse and harassment as this will go against them.

Of course of the debt is yours and you just won't pay it, they can and probably will take you to a small claims court where you will have to pay them the money either way, just with a lot more costs involved.

If you are paying them what you can afford, and they won't accept it, simply log on to their website and make manual card payments for what you can afford. They won't waste money taking you to court if your actually paying them, because they have no case - your paying the debt.

Everyone needs to get together if you have problems with these pathetic individuals. Without people's advise and help, the bully's will continue to wean money from people using scare tactics, even if you don't owe them a penny!!

If you do contact them by post, get every piece of mail recorded. My advice is use email, as mentioned above.

Edited by alanfromderby

Yes I do owe the money, and they have been offered £40 a month which in honesty is more than I can realistically afford, but they wont accept it. They wont deal with CCCS, and they wont stop writing to me telling me that they havent heard from me, theres no arrangement etc.

Well im fed up with it now. What do they hope to get by taking me to court? I dont own a house, I have no savings or money in bank account, I have no car and no other assets and I owe £40k.

I'm doing the best I can but thats all I can do. I really want to go to their head office and kick off

They are an absolute disgrace. I've been accused of having a debt for hundreds of pounds which is not mine. They use "fishing" techniques to find victims, they send letters to all the known people of a certain name in a certain area, claiming they owe money, then hope the "guilty" one phones in and pays the debt. They have no more power than what your paperboy has.

The company has changed name various times as they have been faced with losing their license due to breaches in their trading. Basically a bunch of cowboy bully's who will say anything to get money.

If you have any dealing with them and you are getting nowhere, immediately email the directors STaylor @capitalcm.co.uk and RHowlett @capitalcm.co.uk stating that you do not want to be contacted any way except email and you do not authorise any visit to your property.

If they break this, they are breaching their license, UNTIL they prove that you owe them money then they can contact all they want.

If they cannot or will not prove the debt is yours, simply ignore it. Of course if they continue to harass you, report them to the Office of Fair Trading. There is also a link on the national debt line website where you can get a template letter to send them, this will either stop them contacting you, or force them to give you proof of the debt. They will need this to ever get a penny out of you in a small claims court. Keep all evidence of abuse and harassment as this will go against them.

Of course of the debt is yours and you just won't pay it, they can and probably will take you to a small claims court where you will have to pay them the money either way, just with a lot more costs involved.

If you are paying them what you can afford, and they won't accept it, simply log on to their website and make manual card payments for what you can afford. They won't waste money taking you to court if your actually paying them, because they have no case - your paying the debt.

Everyone needs to get together if you have problems with these pathetic individuals. Without people's advise and help, the bully's will continue to wean money from people using scare tactics, even if you don't owe them a penny!!

If you do contact them by post, get every piece of mail recorded. My advice is use email, as mentioned above.

Never make a manual payment like that to a DCA. Ever. Repayments are only to be made by giro or standing order. That way they cannot get your bank details.

Edited by alanfromderby

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Never make a manual payment like that to a DCA. Ever. Repayments are only to be made by giro or standing order. That way they cannot get your bank details.

Very good point! Luckily I haven't made any payment as I don't owe them a thing, but when I've requested proof of the debt, they just threaten with court. Thanks for pointing that out.

Very good point! Luckily I haven't made any payment as I don't owe them a thing, but when I've requested proof of the debt, they just threaten with court. Thanks for pointing that out.

Send them the prove it letter from the CAG library. If they keep contacting you without proof, then they are in for a world of trouble.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Excellent advise from all. I received an email back as I quoted they have breached Data protection, and the CSA code of conduct, I think when you hit them with that thats when the attitude changes.. I not had a single phone call since..

• 1 month later...
I agree. Through bitter experience I will never EVER give my debit card details to another of these companies ever again

Yes I have learned this from bitter experience don't do the manual debit card payment I did this and although the agreement was for one hundred pounds a month for five months this company (Edit) seven hundred and sixty pounds from my account and the bank could do nothing as I had given them my card details. Bigmistake but they had harassed me so much I just wanted them off my back.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word.

Never give your card details this company Edit) seven hundred pounds from my account as user ups continuous payment my bank couldn't do anything as I had give my card details

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word.

I've recently had 2 separate letters chasing up 2 debts totalling just over £1000 that I know nothing about. The tone of the letters were incredibly threatening. Straight away I sent them a letter using the national debt line website template. It would appear that they have totally ignored this and have sent another letter even more threatening than the first. I know they received my letter as I sent it next day signed delivery. Should I phone them now stating that I need proof of debt? What do you guys recommend I do next? Thanks!

Its best to start a new thread so we can keep all replies specific to the poster.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D