style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 222 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - I am following this to see what I can do re my GMAC product but have a similar situation with one of the servicer's of that product which went to court. GMAC sold mortgage on and they took me to court attempting repo. Arrears have since been cleared but legal fees were added to the account in excess of those ordered. Two years of arguing saw me to take that Company to court for return of those fees as being unjust reward for them. I won. I am now trying to deal with the interest attracted by those fees and not returned or removed, which have increased the balance, since then the mortgage was passed on again to another servicing company who still have the excess fees on the balance sheet attracting interest. I am waiting for the previous company to advise the true balance that should have been transferred to the current company, as I know I am being overcharged and have to get them to rework the figures over the years affected. Not easy to get a response on this but having gone to court with it before I am confident that they will have to make the adjustments in the end.

that happened to me took me to court they added all the non DD no bank account and arrears on the Debt i could only pay by building society check monthly so had to wait for funds to clear

and a punishng 9.8 % rate in 2008 as wel

Hi just giving this a little bump as was listening to LBC regarding this this morning. Is there anything claim for the consumer on this as surely if these rates were fixed and because of that it put people in financial hardship they normally wouldnt be in thus creating a snowball effect? Just a thought. It seems that even though these instutions were fined and found guilty of fixing these rates which had a detrimental effect on the homeowner nothing has really come out of it for the homeowner. Did that actually make any sense lol???? :)

It would be good to know if any of the loan companies that were selling sub prime (or otherwise) loans will seek damages from the culprits - if anybody hears anything then post it in here...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Was re-mortgaged to GMAC’s LIBOR rate 25 years ago, what can I do if anything?

I was recently approached by a company who said there was a good chance we’d overpaid interest on our

mortgage, 10 months later I rang them to find out wtf, sorry no probs with your mortgage, after sending

them our passports and ID, the people originally dealing with us have no finished working there,gone, now called Foundation Home Loans, Paratus, formally GMAC.

I’ll split or donate to this site if I get Help getting away from Foundation Home Loans

Need help to sort unsecured debts and an attachment order from Halifax credit card debt from 11 years ago, plus CCJ, I now think it’s all sum mountable....

Hello Prosperous1, welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please. This one is for advising someone else and finished in 2013.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum