Car insurance claim leaving me in fury

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story cut short, had a minor accident (a bump), 3rd party's fault (no evidence of this but there is evidence that he has lied in his statement, I rang the police, the minor damage on my car coincides with his story of the position of his car to mine etc etc etc so many lies!). They claimed against my insurance and SOMEHOW won.....£7,000!!!!!!!!!!!

I am outraged. I am 20 (19 at the time), I have never done a thing wrong, I have worked since I was 9, studied hard at school, college and now university, I volunteer in the community. I had a subaru at the time and ws the proudest of it! I saved for years for that car and now cant afford it and am so down that i drive a "normal" car (I'm crying now) and have been knocked back because it really has hurt me!!

I am fighting the claim, have contested to my insurance company and now to the financial ombudsman.

What I want to know: Is it possible/has it happened in the past, that you can "get your NCB back/have the accident (on your record) removed?". Because if Im really going to fight against this, the above needs to be the outcome!

Thanks everyone. Abbey

Police wont be interesed, unless somebody injured!

Did you report incident to your insurers at the time and stated that it was TP fault?

So your insurers paid out to TP, correct? unusual if fault not clear; the insurance cos usualy split it 50/50, so you both lose NCB.

If you are clear and have strong evidence you can take TP to court for your excess etc. how that will not change the insurance point of view.

Hi,

What evidence do you have that the TP lied in his statement?

I'm guessing that there must have been engineering evidence or something else to corroborate the TP's version hence why liability was admitted and he was paid out.

What happened exactly? Do you not have amy witnesses to the accident?