Underpaid for 2 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I got to work this morning to find a meeting invite from my Department Head for this afternoon. It simply said 'to discuss issues that have become apparent with your contract and salary'.

I've been stressed all day worrying I've been overpaid or something.

In the meeting I find out I have been underpaid fo the last 2 years to the tune of £1800. They are going to pay be back (great) but....

When I went back to work 2 years ago after Maternity Leave I was called to a meeting with HR and told they had overpaid me by £360. They wanted it back. When I questioned why it had happened and why noone had told me before I went back to work that it had happened it was agreed it was their error and it wouldn't be persued (I have an email to confirm this). They are now saying this money is outstanding and they are taking it out of the money they owe me.

Additionally of the £1800 I've been underpaid approx £200 is where 2 years worth of bonus paymens were calculated incorrectly. I'm being told if I don't pay back the £360 then I won;t get this as bonuses are discretionary.

My opinion is that

a) they said the £360 wouldn;t be persued so I don;t owe it to them.

b) they can't say I'm not entitled to the bonus payments as I have already been paid it and would have had the extra already if they had paid me correctly

c) I am already gpoing to be out of pocket as I wouldn't have paid as much tax on the small amounts over 2 years but I'm now getting it as a lump sum so I will lose out on Tax and NI.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Am I missing something here? They owe you £1,800, but it's a problem?

(I've had a long day, so I apologise if Im being stupid!)

Particularly the bonus - they owe you £200, but to claim it you have to pay back £360?

No it's not a problem. I'm mad I've been underpaid for 2 years and I'm only just finding this out. I'm also mad that they have made a mistake and owe me money but to compensate themselves for their error they want me to pay back something that the agreed I didn;t owe them 2 years ago.

not pursued =/= not owed. Sounds like they are being fair to me!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!