Employer didn't comply to SAR - advice needed for court proceedings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I'm hoping you could help me with advice - I have sent my ex-employer a Subject Access Request in order to use the results in an upcoming tribunal proceedings. Employer sent me some irrelevant information and said they don't think they need to comply any further, although I sent them quotes form the ICO website which state otherwise.

I now intend to take them to County Court to enforce compliance. I am struggling with the exact form I need to fill out and what is it I need to do exactly. I search the site and several people noted that I need to pursue this under the Small Claims Track? I also found this website with forms - LINK - but I'm not sure if they are the ones I need and which one should I complete?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi Becky,

I have not contacted ICO - I was left with the impression that you can either contact ICO which will review the case for you OR pursue solution through the Court - wasn't aware that ICO would advise of strategy?

Thank you

I think the ICO is better than the court, at least as a forst port of call. The court can order inspection of documents, but they may not order disclosure to you! They can also only compensate you once you've shown financial loss or emotional distress as a result of their breach.

The ICO has the power to serve notice on your employer ordering them to provide the information. I would strongly suggest trying them first, they've been very helpful to me in the past.

• Confused 1

The overriding fact is a SAR requires ALL data

heldon the data subject.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: