Advice on a new ESA Assessment DLA,IB,IIB,Carer.

pit46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Starting a thread to look for advice i will need in the near future

a first time ESA form is being sent for me

Hi I'm after some advice on a new ESA Assessment and what happens to my DLA IIB and being a carer

i get DLA, IB, IIB, Industrial Injuries

i have an debilitating industrial disease a Variable condition and after a chest x_ray Gp says i have pleural thickening of the lungs too

i use medications and use a nebuliser machine four times a day because of my condition

I'm going to fill the form in myself the best i can.

local CAB Etc are booked up for months and local advice centres say i need an appointment rather than a drop in appointment but everyone is booked up with appointments for weeks and weeks

if im passed as fit will DWP Notify DLA & IIB Depts of there finding and will i automatically lose these benefits ? or do i notify DLA.IIB Depts myself

what do i claim if I'm passed fit ?

i know you can appeal against ESA if i fail,if i do that do you lose your benefits i think i read on the net you lose benefits while waiting for the appeal to be heard

if so what do you live on ?

The Caring part i do last year my wife was critically ill

she gets Full DLA And after loads of tests MRI etc

she has impaired judgement, severe Short term memory loss.including loss of cognitive functions

very poor mobility awful muscle wastage she needs help with dressing bathing medication she cant be left on her own

she has nerve damage so she drops everything she tries holding or picking up she cant do her insulin or meds she cant read labels or understand things

you can tell her something 10 mins later shes forgot she needs help at night and has continence probs

she has to be taken to endless GP Hospital Rehab appointments too

if im put into a workgroup or told i'm fit to seek work and attend courses etc who will care for her 24/7 ?

this is going to be a nightmare and very complicated

any Advice appreciated

Thanks Pit

Does your wife claim DLA care at the mid or high rate? Just thinking it might be worth not claiming ESA and claim carers allowance and income support instead.

Failing the ESA medical doesn't mean you'll lose DLA. It may trigger a review though. Not sure how common that is.

If you fail the ESA medical, you can carry on sending in fit notes and ask for ESA to be paid at the assessment rate until your appeal is heard.

When I claimed ESA and 'won' with 0 points, it triggered a review of my IIDB award as well as my DLA. The ESA claim was for the same condition I was awarded IIDB & DLA.

I had no problems convincing the DLA 'crew', but had to have a face to face with ATOS for the IIDB claim.

It was a complete joke, the report said that they had never heard of the name of a drug I was taking, and best of all seeing as I had had the condition for 17 years I must now be 'cured' after all this time. Then contradictory it said that the 'doctor' could not decide if there had been a change of circumstances since the last assessment back in 2010!!!

Result: No award due to improvement in condition.

I appealed, received the bundle of papers and there in the middle was a copy of the ESA85!!!!!!!

I submitted supporting evidence which was also used for the DLA review and they put me back on the 40% rate of IIDB.