telephone harrassement but for somebodyelse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title suggests I've been getting landline calls for the last 6 months from various debt collectors asking for a certain Mr. Christopher Nab.

I acquired my phone number about 10 months ago so according to the phone provider this number was not used for at least 18 months previous, so it's over 2 years since Chris had this number.

The poor debt collectors don't seem to be able to understand that people change their numbers so I have to educate them. I now know his full name and address that he was using over 2 years ago because they've told me!! DPA??

Most recently I've had robbersway and muckyhall phoning but here's the twist.

In the last 2 days I've had calls asking for Chris from PPI claim companies and 1 call from somebody called Mell wanting to talk to his mate chris from mobile no. 07747016908 and calls from a company called Consumer claims agency, no. 0160647807 and most recently a call from BPI Claims who hung up when I queried the name.

The best one was tonight from a withheld number who spent 8 minutes talking to somebody else and sounded like they were taking remote access on somebodies PC.

So am I just unfortunate in having a popular number or are the dca's using a different tactic and giving the contact phone numbers to ppi companies in the hope that the alleged debtor will bite, thinking there's some money coming back?

( not to mention that each call is usually preceded by at l;east 2 silent calls )

Illegitimi non carborundum