I can't believe this has happened again!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had an ongoing situation with the halifax/Bank of Scotland about online fraud on my account. I haven't even received a reply to my 5 complaint letters and have had to write to the ombudsman!

After having my account frozen and a new one set up (without online banking!) Ive just discovered that its happened again!!!!! Ive just called phone banking to fins someones accessed my new account and nicked approx £1500.00

Any advice or help anyone can give me to deal with this would be much appreciated

(I am in the process of setting up a new account with the Alliance and Leicester)

• 1 month later...
Guest Lueeze

WHAT? AGAIN?

It must be someone you know, surely 2 in such a short amount of time...

I dont have any advice, but do you think it could be anyone you know?

I think you should immediately put in for an SAR. Make sure it is properly submitted in writing with payment and start counting the time. Make sure that it is clear in your request that you were are requiring disclosure of all personal data not your statements.

Once you discover exactly what has happened you will be of to take some action or other to sort it out and to recover your money.

I read recently that Shell Petrol Station have upgraded all cash points cos some crooks had access to the pin pad as well as magnetic copying! I too had my card cloned twice - once Halifax - £850 in 3 days - Halifax were excellent and refunded the amount inside 2 weeks - though I did have to go to the police etc..

Egg on the other hand took 2 1/2 months and only resolved after I got BBC involved - likewise I read in Saturday's Times Money section that Cahoot had an outstanding claim for 2 years. They also refered to the Omb. - but refunded after Times made an enquiry.

My advise - get the media involved if you dont get any progress.

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

Wow, this is scary - twice to the same person....this is making me nervous about my online banking - need to check about how to change password...

You really need to get to the bottom of this - have you thought about opening a new bank account elsewhere? If it then happened again, you'd KNOW it was someone you knew...

Keep us posted...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Hi,

Have read the above Poor you ghastly thing to happen.

Do you or did you ever use a computer at work for online banking, it is possible to access sites logged in if you go back on the history sometimes. Shocking i know but possible. I discovered this when my friend was checking on his wife, he got on to all her dating sites and read all the mail from guys, just by going back on the history. Hence no longer married to her.

It also made me aware what is possible on a pc so i always clear my history and cache and temp internet files. before i let anyone on my pc.

I am on old dial up, because i shop a lot on the net etc, it is supposed to be less easy to hack than broadband so i hear.

This is just an opinion, of mine above, but worth thinking about. It could well be someone you know. I am inclined to think it is 80% likely too, that it is someone you know. A previous partner?????? One other tip i never ever shred anything or throw it away, i burn all personal papers. And i keep all paperwork out of prying eyes. Sad world we live in sometimes.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks