£20000 debt iva ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys whilst i was preparing my SAR letter i have mentioned this to my step father'

unfortunately 3 years ago my stepfather had around £20k in debt

this was loans from his bank and several different credit cards '

in the end he got an IVA to reduce the payments and resently he came into some inheritance so was able to pay it all off

where do we start with a PPI claim ?

HI Darren.

Does he have the original paperwork?

If not, I suggest he sends the SAR to the Original creditor for each set of PPI he wishes to reclaim!

Jogs

just been down to his house i was shocked he has all the paper work 3 loans in all '

all with ppi what should his next move be as he is not very good face to face or on the phone so correspondence would be better

Hi

For these threa loans, were they all individual loans or was one taken to refinance a previous one?

Have a read of No.1 in my signature about single premium PPI and the way to calculate the refund due.

Also pop along to the fos website and download the consumer questionnaire and complete it.

Ideally you should also complete a spreadsheet of claim so that you know how much should come back to you.

The completed fos questionnaire is sent to the lender together with a copy of the claim spreadsheet and a brief covering letter requiring refund. The lender will 8 weeks to carry out their investigation and give you a final decision.

None of this should be done on the phone....it should all be done in writing and, if you can, send it recorded.

Hi

For these threa loans, were they all individual loans or was one taken to refinance a previous one?

Have a read of No.1 in my signature about single premium PPI and the way to calculate the refund due.

Also pop along to the fos website and download the consumer questionnaire and complete it.

Ideally you should also complete a spreadsheet of claim so that you know how much should come back to you.

The completed fos questionnaire is sent to the lender together with a copy of the claim spreadsheet and a brief covering letter requiring refund. The lender will 8 weeks to carry out their investigation and give you a final decision.

None of this should be done on the phone....it should all be done in writing and, if you can, send it recorded.

yes 3 different loans i will try and calculate thanks for your help will keep you informed

might need some help where to send each letter he has lombard direct goldfish and natwest

great your a start lets start shouting lol

can you give me the correct adress for lombard direct

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (trading as Lombard Direct) Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square. Edinburgh EH2 2YB

goldfish

Barclays Bank PLC, registered office 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

and Natwest

National Westminster Bank PLC 135 Bishopsgate London EC2M 3UR

ims

Did you read the article at No.1 in my signature?

These are all loans yes?

If so all you will need is in that link including the spreadsheets which are in the last post of that thread

thats superb i never new goldfish was part of barclays ?

In 1996 Goldfish credit cards broke the mould with a then innovative loyalty scheme Goldfish Points which could be redeemed in affiliated stores including John Lewis Boots Argos and Marks & Spencer. Goldfish credit cards became the fastest growing credit card offering in the UK market.

Goldfish credit cards were originally launched as a joint venture between British Gas and HFC Bank. The business was later bought by US bank Morgan Stanley and became part of Discover Financial Services the USAs fourth largest credit card operator when the latter was spun out of Morgan Stanley in June 2007.

Goldfish credit cards operated through the Visa and Mastercard credit card networks. Goldfish offers a range of financial service including insurance products and travel services.

The Goldfish business was acquired by Barclays in April 2008 and Goldfish is not currently accepting credit card applications.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are you not already doing an sar to some of these ?

or is that for your wife?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

standarren, dx and Ims21 sorry to hijack but I have a question about which banks are "linked" and as this has come up in this thread I thought it was a good place to ask! Is there anywhere on here where people can look for this info? It is really useful information knowing who is a part of who etc....

Many thanks :-)

A little concerned after looking at the fos questionnaire it seems to be pretty detailed' i wouldn't want to enter the wrong details' is there a guide that i can follow whilst filling this in.

and also dx mentioned a letter that should be sent with the fos questioner where can i find this?

With regard to the fos questionnaire you complete it truthfully and with what you know. There is no guide as each case is different...it really is as simple as answering the questions.

There is not template letter either, it is just a simple covering letter saying here's my complaint, give me my money back.

what you cant answer leave blank or put N/A or cant remember.

dx

and they