euro car parks in cardiff. got a PCN - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago i got a pcn from euro car parks in cardiff.

I parked at 7.15 pm and returned at 9.08pm to find a parking ticket placed on windscreen timed at 8.40pm.

The notice said i had exceeded maximun stay and that i had been recorded leaving the car park.

The car park sign said return within 1 hr 30 mins ,

penalty if no return within 2 hours.

The ticket was placed on my car within the 1hr 30 min window.

I received a letter from euro car parks for £60 pound and i then received another letter for £90 advising if i did not pay they would forward my details to debt collection agency.

Today i have received a threataning letter fron contro laccount plc stating that i have 5 days to pay £115 otherwise i will face serious legal consequences.

They say they will start legal proceedings and apply for county court judgement against me.

Please advise if i should continue ignoring these letters. Thank you.

A few months ago i got a pcn from euro car parks in cardiff. I parked at 7.15 pm and returned at 9.08pm to find a parking ticket placed on windscreen timed at 8.40pm.

The notice said i had exceeded maximun stay and that i had been recorded leaving the car park. The car park sign said return within 1 hr 30 mins ,penalty if no return within 2 hours. The ticket was placed on my car within the 1hr 30 min window.

I received a letter from euro car parks for £60 pound and i then received another letter for £90 advising if i did not pay they would forward my details to debt collection agency.

Today i have received a threataning letter fron controlaccount plc stating that i have 5 days to pay £115 otherwise i will face serious legal consequences. They say they will start legal proceedings and apply for county court judgement against me.

Please advise if i should continue ignoring these letters. Thank you.

Absolutely. So they pass your details on to a DCA... they don't have any more clout than you do yourself without a court order. To get a successful outcome in court they would need to convince the judge that their 'losses' were proportionate to the charge they are levying on you. £115 for 'free' parking? Errr, I don't think so.

• Confused 1

Any chance you are able to scan and upload that hilarious threat letter just so we can all see exactly how deluded they are, not sure what they mean by "Serious legal consequences"?? They need to be very careful with their threats, and as for a CCJ, the judge will be rolling in the aisles when they hear that one!

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Can you type out what the letter actually says? I'd like to show you the error of their ways and pull that letter to pieces...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you've not got a PCN

you've got a specultive invoice

then a silly threat-o-gram

trying to kid you there is something legall about all this shady private parking spoofing.

and the sign did not say penalty either.

totally ignore everything

and no they dont go to court

for what loss, ??? you prevented someone else payng to park in that space??

yea ok.

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it says i owe euro car parks £ 115 and i have 5 days.

If i dont i could face serious legal consequences.

Thet say:

We have firm instructions to start legal proceedings and apply for a county court judgement against me if i do not pay.

This could mean you pay legal costs and interest on top of your full balance and it may affect your ability to get credit.

Absolutely ridiculous, a CCJ?? Get real, a copy of that letter should be sent to the OFT&TS.

Sorry to say they are from my home town, and I know exactly where they operate from, that letter is wrong on many fronts!

The boss of Euro has gone on the public record ( In the Sunday Times) saying they have never taken anyone to court because of the very dodgy legal questions surround private parking "tickets". It's all bluff on their part, trying to fool you into paying up. Just ignore.

• Confused 1

The sign may well have said 'penalty' on it. I'm sure I saw one of theirs in the B&Q car park in Enfield that did. Tried to get a photo with my phone but the light wasn't good enough. If it does in Cardiff too, more ammunition for the OP.

UPDATE Just checked on Google maps for the Enfield location, you can see the ECP signs which say 'may result in a £50 penalty ticket'

Edited by spb1957
Update

• 1 month later...

sorry i have not replied sooner but i only picked up your post earlier.

ok this is a brief history of my ecp joking parking ticket.

i followed all previous advise and have ignored all correspondence sent to me,

after a few threataning letters they have passed my case on to a credit mamagement company - control account plc.

they last sent me a threataning letter in july which i ignored.

about 4 weeks ago i recieved a telephone call on my home and work numbers requesting settlement of bill.

i asked them where they got my works phone number and they said it was passed on from ecp.

i told them i was not able to take personnel calls at work so they give me a number and ref to phone back on.

they closed the conversation by stating that if i did not call them back they would keep pestering me on my work number.

obviously i have not called them back and will not call them back.

i think they got my number from dvlc as i recntly changed to a new licence and i think i gave numbers as contacts.

this was about six weeks ago and they have not called back since.

however if they do i will be telling them i find this action very threataning ang harrasing,

and i will instruct them to send any communication by post.

keep in touch every month and i will advise you if they contact again.

who knows if these calls continue it will increase my case against them should i decide to raise a counter claim !!!!!.

ride out the rubbish thay send (junk Mail).

• 1 month later...