Provident states I've Settled when I havent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan with Provident for £501 over a year at £36 a month and have £325 to repay. I moved house just before Christmas phoned them up and told them that I’ve changed address and they told me to inform my adviser, so I done this by Text, I had one new collection from my new address and no-one has bothered to come around and collect any further payments. My question is, on my Credit file it states that I have settled the debt, should I chase them up and pay them or just leave it be?

The Provident are a *edit* company nothing short of a legal *edit* with interest rates of 80 % plus

They are renown for giving loans to very low income families and except job seekers allowance as loan security

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE PROSICTUTED AND TAKEN TO TASK BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING IF THERE IS A CASE TO BE ANSWERED

FOR IRESPONSABLE LENDING

. My advice would be if it says the dept is settled then as far as you are concerned the dept is settled as long as you have it it writing. Good luck to you.

Edited by citizenB
Please keep defamatory remarks to yourself

if the debt is marked as settled on your credit file, it prob means the account has been closed and the balance sold to a DCA

Ah that's what I thought, will have to nip down to the local office in August and wipe the debt. Also I'm going to show them the Text messages to my agent informing them of my change address and insist that they remove the bad marks on my credit file.

Thanks for the response :)

Edited by Gavsp

The Provident are a *edit* company nothing short of a legal *edit* with interest rates of 80 % plus

They are renown for giving loans to very low income families and except job seekers allowance as loan security

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE PROSICTUTED AND TAKEN TO TASK BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING IF THERE IS A CASE TO BE ANSWERED

FOR IRESPONSABLE LENDING

. My advice would be if it says the dept is settled then as far as you are concerned the dept is settled as long as you have it it writing. Good luck to you.

Would have to agree with you about them being a *edit* company. I have nothing in writing, so I'm going to pay them to prevent a second Default or bad mark on my Credit File.

Edited by citizenB