'New' tax credits claim

frosty77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can give any insight as to the avarage and absolute maximum times a new claim for tax credits should take?

I'm asking because right now at this moment my 'new' claim is coming up to week 25 with no resolution and now HMRC are saying that they have lost my daughter's documents (birth certificate and passport) and can't finish processing and get the claim in to force with payment until they are recorded and verified, no word of a lie 25 weeks and still not 1 person can tell me why it has taken so long or why when i asked to send documents myself i was told either no i couldn't or no i didn't need to because they would verify them with child benefit office......:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Lied to numerous times by both advisers and managers at the 'help' center call line saying they would call me back to let me know what was going on (3 times i was told that in 2 days each time by a different line manager each time didn't get the call even the last 1 that i was meant to have by close of the business day at 8pm friday just last week), lied to by both advisers and managers about time scales for processing and delivery of letters (ranging from 7 days to 4 weeks to 26 weeks with just about every number in between given at each phone call to them) lied to by both adviser and manager about letters that had been sent to me with 1 reason being they didn't have the full address (funny because the date the letter was meant to have been sent out i had a confirmation letter of formal complaint that was addressed correctly issued the same day...) and finally (I think..) lied to about 'action dates' that had been noted on the system but absolutely no-one could figure out what the action was meant to be or if it had been done???....

I have been in touch with my local MP who has replied to me and i await the outcome of, I have been to CAB and have another appointment with a supervisor as adviser was disgusted not only that it is taking so long but because they said desperately need help not only on the income that is being missed out on but the fact that the only proof that we have got of our daughter's identity is marked on HMRC computer system as missing after receipt and has not been processed and we cannot replace them because they were issued in Denmark where she was born and 1 cannot be issued without the other and the fact that there is no other was we can prove she even exists.....

Sorry to ramble on but I am at breaking point now, the total owed to us for CTC is nearing £1500, debts are mounting etc

I just want to know the longest anyone has had to wait for claim to be processed and if anyone has had this much hassle and deceit from HMRC, I have spent so much time on the phone to them over the last 3-4 months that if i didn't have a large call allowance on my mobile which was usable on their number just about all that is now owing would barely cover my phone bill.....yes i have a full and complete record of each and every call to them from day 1 of asking for the claim pack and my own recordings of the conversations i have had with them since i made first contact with my local MP 2 months ago (100+ calls to them...sickening...)

I can't help you will any solutions but I can join you and wish you the best to get this resolved. Currently my WTC is messed up. They have been sending me letters saying I owe money and with the following calls to the WTC help line they have opening admitted that one of their colleagues has messed up and my tax credits should of never been stopped and letters should of never been sent. Yet I sill am receiving these letters and the only answer I get back from them ist hat those processes are automatic. All has been fine over the last year a bit and only because I have been a goodie two shoes and informed them of my change of my employer and the silly advisor cocked it up.

I asked them if it's a simple matter why they can’t correct it. The answer they gave it has been sent to referrals and they have to deal with it. Can you get in contact with them no, can I get a date which this can be resolved no.The only date I can get from them is to phone back in a weeks time and the advisors think it could be resolved by then. Yeah right.

Well I called them again this morning and it seems we are actually getting somewhere, 25 weeks to the day after the claim was submitted they finally have all the required relevant information and documents verified and entered in to the system and on their way back to me via recorded delivery and the claim is apparently in final stages of processing to be awarded, now lets just wait and see how long this is going to take.......

Still processing??......just how long have people had to wait?? the guy on the helpline told me yesterday that a claim to take this long is quite common? I find that hard to believe........

It's kinda funny you mention 3 weeks, i keep getting told in general it should take 3 weeks to process from start to finish and get put in to payment! 2 days ago they say my documents were returned by recorded delivery, no sign of them as yet and after the phone call i made to them (again...) this morning I am told the claim is finalized and all approved but no payment has been set up (which the asvisor this morning could not understand why) so has now been marked as urgent payment required not that it's going to make any difference as we have been waiting this long.

At the moment I am waiting for a call back to confirm details of my THIRD formal complaint at which point I will be asking to have put in writing exactly why this claim has taken 25 weeks, why each and every advisor and manager gave me conflicting information and who can be held accountable for the arrears and debts this has left me in along with the now %$£^!" up credit rating i now have because this has taken and is still taking so long to put in to payment, but I doubt that call will come as i was promised 3 callbacks last week that never materialized.....

What a nightmare your having, its not funny as you need the money for living exspenses and they say if you are having problems paying rent etc and paying for heating and water then to ring them.

Then they do nothing, i think they need to employ more people to work on these claims, my friends works at hmrc and i asked her why it takes so long to get a form, all she said was its second class post!

Its very frustrating to say the least, i had to laugh when i rang today she said i have to checks the notes on your file what notes you know nothing as yet as its my first claim lol