problems with new car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a 61plate vauxhall astra in feb2012. It was nearly new and only registered in dec2011 with only 30 miles on the clock. I have been having problems with the ABS light and traction contol lights coming on also the engine diagnostic light is on. I have taken it back to the dealership where it was bought from and they said it was a faulty sensor. I have taken it back today to be repaired and they are still having problems and can't understand why the lights are still on. Obviously I have concerns that they will tell me there is nothing else they can do. Anybody now what my rights are?

Hi debbs

Welcome to CAG

There's a flowchart on page 28, lots of useful info in there:- http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/676408/oft1241.pdf

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e.htm

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

If the cars warning systems are saying there is something wrong then it is a precautionary measure. What it is doing is saying "something is not performing as it should". This does not mean there is anything fundamentally wrong with the car.The ABS and traction control are linked in that the traction control relies on signals fromthe ABS sensors.

Whilst it might initially be seen as a major issue, the problems you experience are what is known as safemode. Essentially it means that there has been no loss of hydraulic operation.

It's just an electronics problem, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the car. They need to sort out what is causing the errenous notifications.

Tis not an unusual thing but no doubt our esteemed site team members will be telling you about all the things you can do without due regards to what actually happens or what the costs may be and or the implications.

Obviously I have concerns that they will tell me there is nothing else they can do. Anybody now what my rights are?

It's a nearly new car, well covered by the 3 year warrantly. I am sure they will not try to tell you there is nothing else they can do. Just let them get on and fix it.

Don't VX's come with a 'life time guarantee'? Oh, hang on... only applies to the original owner... sorry forgot. Question begs... why?

In any event the warranty is immaterial, the seller has an obligation to rectify.

Don't VX's come with a 'life time guarantee'? Oh, hang on... only applies to the original owner... sorry forgot. Question begs... why?

Question begs.... answer = "sales gimmick"!

Not forgetting, further to it only been valid for the original owner, it is also only valid up to 100,000 miles.

So, "lifetime" actually only means an additional 40,000 mile warranty, and only if you bought the car new.