Northern Rock together PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Bit of a story but advice required.

In 2001 I took out a mortgage and credit card under the Norther Rock Together deal, this was joint with my ex-wife.

We split and divorced in 2004 and have had no contact since.

I then hit financial difficulties culminating in entering an IVA in 2011.

On recently checking my old agreements, I found that one of my creditors - Northern Rock had PPI on the agreement. Yes, I did sign the agreement originally with PPI ticked however, this was completed through an independant agent whom I cannot recall who stated we needed PPI to get the deal as this was our first house.

The rate was 69p per £100. We did borrow a lot on the cards initially to complete repairs etc to the new house but this was settled in 2004/5 when the house sold, but when i hit financial difficulty, i naivley replied on the cards to get by and this is where the real trouble began. I was the principle card holder on the account.

I am aware that moneys received if I was successful in a claim that money would go over to IVA and this potentially will clear the balance owed to Northern Rock now in the IVA.

Is it worth persuing a claim?

Yes it is worth going after because it will help reduce your debts within the IVA.

If you were told you must have it then that is a mis-sell.

Have you got all of your statements for the loan and card? If not, SAR the lender to get as much detail on the accounts as possible.

Edited by ims21

i don't have all the documents but could SAR them. Is it worth contacting anyway and putting a claim in without the figures whilst awaiting a sar, to see what they say?

Are CO-OP paying out easy?

Complete a fos questionnaire for each account and send it to the lender. Fos questionnaire is available from the fos website.

Without the base data you won't be able to check whether any offer they may make is correct though.

It is an idea to put in a spreadsheet of claim with your complaint as it shows that you have done some research and know what you are talking about.