JMAC999 V ABBEY joint act worry!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and thanks for all the advice in the FAQ's.

Sent my N1 in personally and it was served to Abbey on 15th sept 06. They sent me the Notice of Acknowlegement which was filled on 25th Sept 06. This means they have untill 12th Oct 06 to get their defence in (as far as I can work it out). They are using Dla Piper.

My act was a joint account that was opened in scotland. The other act named is my father. I did not get him to sign the N1 or be involved in it. Will this give them any ammunition? I now sh**ting myself because I think I may have messed this up cos im the only one asking for the charges back from our account.

Will it make any difference that I live in England but it was opened in scotland?

Thanks all

JMAC999

did you change "home branch" to an english one? if so it should be covered under english law. as for the other named party not signing. mostly if you need both gf you to sign a cheque then you need both of you to sign anything including court papers. if you can sign cheques on your own the courts will accept that you have responsibility for this account both on your own and in conjunction with your dad and shouldnt be a problem.

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Thanks Tracy,

Got the letter from DLA piper today. No probs about anything. Just the standard letter by all 'accounts'!

Thanks for the advice;

J.